10. it's alchemy, not magic. [🧪]

based on the 1st episode! that's all! 

----------------------------

Rapunzel hesitates, feeling worried about this whole thing that's going on right now.

"Come on, Cass! Those dreams are trying to tell me something. Ever since that night-"

Cassandra shushes Rapunzel, worried that someone might hear their ongoing conversation as she tries to fix her hair.

"Raps, I told you. We can't tell anyone about that night. Well, except for (Y/N) of course, but it's just because we needed her help at the time to hide your freakishly long hair.

 You smiled, thinking that your newfound sister Rapunzel and Cass trusted you that much to hide their secret. It felt even kind of fun.

"Uhm, I think the secret's pretty much out." Raps said, trying to push it off as a casual conversation.

"Yeah, yeah. Everyone knows the hair's back. But if anyone knew I was the one who snuck you out when it happened, I would be sent to a convent. LITERALLY A CONVENT." Cass says, terrified of the idea of living there.

"Well, I have to tell Eugene." 

"No, no, no, no, no. As far as he know, you just woke up that morning with long hair." 

"But Eugene's her boyfriend Cass. They tell each other everything. You know that." You said, trying to reason with her.

"I know this is a lot to ask, but I can't risk it. Please, don't tell Eugene." She says, pleading Rapunzel to understand.

"Tell Eugene what. Oh come on, you guys keeping secrets?" Eugene says as he walks into the room, unannounced. 

"It's not really secret Eugene, it's more like a... sensitive situation!" She says, trying to

"Sensitive?" Eugene laughs as he holds his stomach with his hand, trying to control his laughter, " Sensitive? And you think Cassandra's gonna help? Blondie, I've met glaciers with more warmth and compassion. AND MOVE FASTER. She's slow!" He says, trying to make fun of Cassandra.

He kneels down to level with Raps and holds her hands. 

"Rapunzel, it's me Eugene. Whatever's going on, you can tell me." 

"I know I can, it's-"

Cassandra butts in, before Rapunzel can finish her sentence.

"I don't trust you. You have a big mouth." Cassandra says with arms folded into her chest with a discouraging look on her face.

He gasps, offended by her judgement. "I DO NOT! Name one time I blew a secret!" Eugene says.

You laugh as you Cassandra recalls all the times Eugene blew almost every secret he had kept. 

"I said one time." He says, acting snarky about it.

He turns to Rapunzel, asking her one last time what the secret was. "Rapunzel, are you really not gonna tell me?" 

"I'm sorry." Rapunzel says, feeling very guilty about her decision to keep this from him as hides her face with her hands.

"Fine, but you should know, I have things I keep from you. Lots of things." Eugene says as he walks away, trying to get them to change their minds.

"Name one." 

His eyes light up as he reveals another secret to the three of you.

"Pete the Guard, is terrified of mimes." He says, feeling all high and mighty.