20. cuddle fever [🌡️]

Lying on your dandelion yellow sheets, you couldn't help but feel so heavy. You felt helpless, shivering under your blankets as you were drowning in a sea of tissues. The atmosphere around you was heavy and was bringing you down. You were staring at the window, feeling lonely and cold.

You let out a small cough as you heard the door creak open. You shift in your bed to see who it was. 

A young boy who seems to be holding a bowl of  warm soup entered the room."I came as soon as I heard." He said as with a comforting smile as he made his way to your bed.

He sets aside the bowl on your beside table as he helped you sit upright on your bed. He fluffed the pillows around you to help you feel comfortable.

You kinda didn't want to see you like this. Your hair was shaped like a bird's nest and you were still wearing last night's clothes. You felt bad that he to take the time out of his day to bother himself and worry about you. Though you didn't deny that you loved the feeling of being taken care off.

He grabbed a small trash can and picked up the littered tissues around you. "How are you feeling?" 

You leaned back on your pillow, trying to find a comfortable position. "The absolute worst, like I want to stop existing to end my suffering." You try to chuckle, but you end up in fits of coughing as Varian puts down the can as he quickly comes up to you, running his hand up and down your back to help you calm down.

He sighs. "Now, don't joke about things like that. I wouldn't know what I'd do if you weren't here with me." Varian says with concern as he grabs the bowl of soup as he sits right next to your blazing heat of a body.

"Alright, I'll stop. I never really was strong enough to deny any of your wishes anyway." You say as you notice a pair of eyes practically staring at your soul.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You say, confused at his love struck face.

He lets out a small breath. "You look beautiful without even trying." 

You roll your eyes at his remark as you try to hide your blushing face, but it really wasn't that hard since you were already burning up.

"Oh shut up. You probably didn't just get enough sleep." He was still looking at you with a side smile.

He shifts in his seat to face you in a crossed legged sit. He grabs the spoon and fills it with soup. "Now, open wide!" He says with a light laugh with a twinkle in his eyes.

His laugh was something you cherished so much. It pulls at your heart strings so strongly as it lifts your spirits up and brings comfort to your ears. You couldn't deny that he had wrapped you around his little finger and that you would do anything for him at this moment. 

After eating and having long enough conversation for you to digest your food, you lay right back down on your bed as he brings up the covers to you. 

As Varian was about to leave the room, he noticed you were still shivering like a leaf despite the weight of the quilt that was supposed to keep you warm. He heard your heavy gasps for warm air as he tilted his head sideways as the strands of his hair cover his eyes slightly.

He slowly walked towards bed and sat down as he took off his shoes. He plops his back on the bed as he begins to spoon you.

You turn around to face him as you try to push him away. "Varian! You can't do that!"

"Why not?"

"You'll get sick!" You said worriedly as he tries to pull you in even more. "Look, I don't have the strength to keep pushing you away."

He chuckles. "Then don't fight it. Just give in. I don't care if I get sick." He says in a low, soft and caring tone. "I can help you feel a bit more warm. So come on, cuddle with me even for just a little while.

You were so tired that you let him have his way. "Alright, but only for a few minutes." You say as you snuggle up to him. His arms made their way around your feverish body. The warmth of his body radiating off you made you feel calm and at home. You take a deep breath, inhaling his soft scent as you felt safe in his arms.

His head was just above yours, his lips brushing along your hairline. 

There was something about the way he holds you, cradling you against his chest and his embrace strong and yet his hands were cupped tenderly and gently around your back. It was if he was trying to protect you from harm. He wanted to keep you close to his heart. 

The silence between the two of you wasn't awkward. It was comforting like a fire blazing in the middle of winter. Like drinking a cup of hot cocoa as the raindrops slowly fell from the skies. Knowing that words didn't have to be said to understand each other. Each other's presence was enough.

You think to yourself,

I'll never love anyone else like this. I never could. 

He puts his finger on your chin as you slowly look up to his gleaming blue eyes. He smiles softly as his fingers brush through your hair. He gently kisses your forehead, feeling the sensation of the kiss take over your body.

"I love you my little dove." Varian says.

"I love you more."

You slowly turn around so your back was facing him as he was pulling you in like he didn't want to let  you go. His arm was resting above your waist while his hand held yours. The other arm was under your body, pillowing your head with his shoulder. His head was resting above yours, ruffling your hair as it tickled your shoulders. Your legs were intertwined, resting above each other. You felt him slowly drifting away in his sleep as you felt his chest slowly fell and rose on rhythm.

You were also having a hard time keeping your eyes open as well. As you slowly fall asleep, you thought that you wanted to stay like this forever. You never wanted to let this moment go. You wouldn't trade this moment with him for anything in the world.

Your heart felt so full for someone like him to love someone like you.

You are everything I ever wanted.

-------------------------------------
hey everyone!
it's literally 3am over here and i dont have it in me to edit this so im sorry if its a bit bad lol

i hope yall are having a great day though! stay safe peeps!