18. (un)pleasant surprise [🌼]

You never know where life's gonna take you.

One day you're working at flower shop, an array of flowers with different kinds of hues and scents would fill your shop as people come by.

But then-

Actually, you know what? I'll let you find out this one for yourself.

Our story begins in a kingdom named Corona. Your mother was a seamstress who owns a dress shop called Madame Carp's Dress Emporium. She actually sews dresses the Queen and the Princess, which is something you're truly proud off. (i'm guessing only a few of you will get this reference lol)

But it wasn't something you dreamed to be. Ever since you were a child, you've always wanted to own a small a flower shop in the town's square.

Your mother was of course, fully supportive of your dreams! As you grew up, the both of you saved up money to open shop.

You were always excited to set up your shop for the day. People would come by and tell stories of who they're buying flowers for, It could be a suitor, an old couple who wanted to reminisce their young love, or fathers buying their daughters a bouquet of flowers for their birthdays.

You couldn't ask anything more than this.

But then again, there was that one customer.

Everyday, he would come in the shop and he'd always somehow brighten up your day a little more.

He had a distinct blue streak in his ebony black hair that always had a pair of lab goggles on them and a set of mesmerizing blue eyes. Freckles blanketed his pink cheekbones. His buck teeth may seem like an imperfection to everyone else, except for you. It actually makes me a tad bit more adorable.

He always came by exactly at 4 in the afternoon. Later on you found out that he only visits you in at that time because he usually stays up all night, sleeps when the sun comes up and he'd wake up at noon when the sun finally hits his drooling face.

The two of you would share stories of how each other's day was going. You'd laugh at his corny jokes and he'd get all teary-eyed about one of your customer's stories. Sometimes, he would even bring ham sandwiches for the two of you to snack on.

At first, he only came by your flower shop to experiment on them, buying different kinds of flowers every day. But then, it turned into more than that, which blossomed into a wonderful friendship. It's been 3 years since then!

It became a daily routine for the both of you. You'd even take the time to sweep and tidy up your shop a bit more before he'd arrive. Sometimes you'd take the time to actually choose a decent outfit, rather than putting on the first thing you pull out from your closet.

Everything was going great!

But that was until this one unfaithful day.

At first, it wasn't actually all that bad. It actually started off great!

You hear the sound of the bell, indicating someone had entered the shop as you were cleaning. Your back was facing the counter, but as you looked over by the clock, you instantly knew who it was.

You turned around as you were greeted by a young boy with a large grin on his face.

"Hey (Y/N)! Guess what?"

You leaned on the counter with crossed arms, "Well, have you made any new scientific discoveries yet?"

He scratched the back of his head as he was embarrassed that he had nothing you yet."Uhh not yet, but I did wake up earlier today! I actually got up before noon!"