𝟸: 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕

Year 7

"It's kind of weird without Katie here." Lawrence sighs as he, Harry and Sam walk alongside each other at school's hallway. Katie moved to a different city during summer and it made the boys sad. However, Katie promised that she'd visit and call so that made it all somehow better.

"I agree." Harry nods. Sam adds, "She's like a sister I never had."

"We'll see her soon, won't we?" Lawrence asks. The twins reassures him that Katie will come back and see them, even though they, themselves, aren't sure.

Just then, Y/N walks by. She's on her own. Everything suddenly went in slow motion.

She glances at them and gives them a tight-lipped smile. Sam smiles back, Lawrence gives a little wave, and Harry... Harry thought he could've died. Harry smiles back too. Or at least tried to. He looked constipated.

In a span of a few seconds, Y/N unknowingly made Harry tongue-tied. She looks away and walks ahead. She didn't know them, after all. It'd be weird.

Sam and Lawrence continue the conversation, making them walk a few steps ahead of Harry. Harry snaps out of it and accidentally steps on his shoelaces and trips and falls on the floor. Luckily, no one saw.

"Whoa, are you okay?!" Lawrence asks as he and Sam help him stand. Harry just nods. The fall made him get out of cloud nine. While Lawrence is helping and brushing off the dirt on Harry's clothes, Sam just looks at his twin with a sudden realization.

'He likes Y/N.' Sam thinks to himself. 'Maybe.' Sam shakes off the thought and focuses on his twin. He'll keep it to himself first and just wait until Harry says something.

'Yeah, that's good.' Sam mutters to himself.

"Did you say anything, Sam?" Harry asks.

"I'm hungry. Let's go to the cafeteria!" Sam exclaims as he walks to the cafeteria with Harry and Lawrence trailing behind.

Year 8

Harry walks by Y/N's table at the cafeteria and he quickly walks to go to his table with Lawrence and Sam. Their table is near Y/N's table so, he can kind of hear what Y/N and her friends are talking about. Harry sits down and asks, "What's up?"

"James is having a birthday party this weekend." Sam says, eating a healthy sandwich Nikki packed for them this morning. "We're invited."

"That's cool!" Harry grins. "How old is he anyway?"

"He's turning 13 this Saturday." Lawrence says with his mouth full. Something he's never done before, but he thought nothing of it. After all, he's a growing boy and he's not at home. "That makes him older than us."

"That's cool. He's like an older brother." Sam chuckles. "Like Tom."

"I wish I have an older brother. I'm the eldest." Lawrence rolls his eyes.

"Yikes." Harry shakes his head. "We have a younger brother named Paddy. He's fun to be with."

"My little sister is spoiled rotten!" Lawrence cries out. "She's annoying."

Lawrence starts his rant and Sam pipes in some comments here and there. Harry wishes he could pay attention to his friend, but he hears Y/N's voice from a table away.

"My family and I went to Maldives during summer break. It was fun! Your sister will enjoy it, Hanna." Y/N says softly.

'Maldives?? Where is that?' Harry thinks. 'Never heard of that before.'

"You have to show me pictures tomorrow!" Hanna exclaims.

"Sure!" Y/N shrugs. "I enjoyed Maldives, but I really loved our vacation at Los Angeles."