Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Pigtail

KENZIE HADEYA

          "I HATE HIM! I hate him! I hate him!" I chanted over and over again as I sneezed. Pabagsak akong umupo sa kama ni Kendall na kanina pa pinapakinggan ang mga hinaing ko.

I told Mom and Dad that I wanted to sleepover at Kendall's place because I'll just sulk all night in my room due to this unbearable cold. I won't be able to sleep so might as well spend the night with Kendall.

"Okay Kenny, I get it. You hate him so much." She came closer to me, dragging the swivel chair she's sitting on and looked at me with her signature devilish grin. "So, what do you want me to do to this nuisance Del Valle?" She raised a brow.

Somehow the anger I felt ease away because of what Kendall said. She really knows how to cheer me up in this kind of situation.

I sighed and smiled softly as I shook my head. "You don't have to be involved in my problem with that nuisance, Dall. I'll handle that freak by myself."

"Ohh, feisty!" Pabirong siyang ngumiwi na nauwi sa pagtawa naming dalawa. "But seriously, if he'll mess with you again just call me or Yusef right away." She added.

I nodded smiling. "Right away!" I giggled.

Mahina na rin siyang na tawa sa inakto ko. Kendall may seem hostile because of how she shows herself to the public. At the age of 10 she already knows how to perceive a person. She knows how to play her cards wisely. Kaya maraming nag aakalang bitchy siya but she just has her guards up.

"What's the nuisance's name again? We need to do some research about him." Kendall asked facing her laptop and is already typing something on her desk.

Naitikom ko ang aking bibig at wala sa sariling napahawak sa aking baba. I rarely even remembered his name. Pagkatapos ko kasing sabihin sa kanya ang huli kong kataga agad na kong inalalayan ni Yavin para makapasok sa loob ng bahay nila.

Hindi na nga ako nakapagpaalam pa kay Maggie dahil pagkatapos kong magbihis nagpahatid na kami ni Kuya York dito kila Kendall. I just really can't stand staying in the same area with that nuisance.

"Ahm." I hummed, still thinking what his name is.

"Ate Kendall! Ate Kenzie!" A high-pitched shriek filled the four corners of Kendall's room as Kait excitedly ran towards us.

Sinalubong niya muna ako ng yakap at halik sa pisngi bago lumapit kay Kendall na nasa study table niya.

"How's piano lessons?" I asked, smiling gently.

"Amazing!" She grinned.

Like Kendall, Kait has this hostile image outside our family. Pakiramdam ko pagdating talaga sa aming Molina cousins, binabasa muna namin ang isang tao bago namin ito pinapapasok sa buhay namin. Our grandparents taught us to never trust easily because we don't know whatever they're intention is to us.

"What you searching, Ate?" Kait asked after kissing her sister's cheek.

"A nuisance freak." Kendall answered, still focused on her laptop screen.

I saw how Kait's brows furrowed as she sat at the edge of Kendall's bed beside me. "Who? And what happened?" She asked, confusion filled her eyes

"The reason why Kenny has a cold." Kendall answered, blankly.

Kait faced me, eyes wide open. Inangat niya ang kanyang kamay at hinawakan niya ang aking pisngi na para bang ine examine ito. "So, that's the reason why your nose is so red, Ate!"