“Was that absolutely necessary?” Amada asked Abigail when she closed her locker. Abigail just rolled her eyes and walked back to class. Instead of going to class, Amada went back to the office. Mrs. Oliver, the secretary, looked up when Amada stepped into the room. “Hey, Amada. What can I do for you?” She asked with a blank expression. “Can I call my sister to check me out?” Amada lived with her sister because neither of her parents were around. “Sure. Go right ahead.” She grabbed the phone and called her sister. She was at work though, so it took her a while to answer. “Hello?” “Hey, Bella. Could you come check me out please?” Bella hesitated for a second and then sighed. “What’s wrong?” She asked. “Uhm… I passed out.” “Oh, no! What happened?” “I’ll tell you when you get here.” Bella scoffed softly. “Okay, I’ll be there when I can,” she said and then hung up.
    When Amada was in 8th grade, she had the worst day of her life. School wasn’t easy for her that day, so she came home upset. Her mom gave her a pep talk and she was fine for the rest of the night. Her mom, Ashley, was always so optimistic, and she was a sweet woman. Amada looked up to her, as she should’ve. Her dad, Ryann, was a very playful man and she felt so grateful for the both of them. They were good parents and their family was the ideal happy family. That night, they all played board games as usual. “Okay. If Bella and I win, you guys have to buy us pizza.” Amada joked. The game went on from there and the two sisters had played their cards right, so they won. “Wooo! Pizza for us! Losers!” Amada stood up to do her victory dance while Bella whooped and joined her. Ashley and Ryann laughed. “Okay, fine. I’ll call in an order,” Ashley said playfully. She pulled out her phone and asked what everyone wanted on it. They all said they wanted half pepperoni and half cheese. Then she called it in.
    Ashley drove out to Pizza Palace to pick up her order. It was about 9:27 pm, so it was kind of dark outside. She had to wait a few minutes while the pizza finished cooking. When it was finished the cashier handed her the pizza. She paid for it and made her way back home. When she was halfway there, a gunshot rang out. Stunned, she stopped the car to look around. Three more shots were fired. She stepped on the gas and tried to drive back home. One more shot. The bullet broke the glass of the passenger window and passed through Ashley’s neck, killing her. Her car spun out of control and hit a power line pole. Someone heard the shots being fired and called the police.
    Two other people were killed that night and one was shot in the leg. A 34-year old man was the one who fired the gun and beat those people. No one knows why. He was thrown in prison for two counts of second-degree murder, one count of third-degree murder, and illegal possession of firearms. The police found Ashley’s car just off the side of the road against the pole. Her car was pummeled. The coroners took Ashley’s body and the car was towed.
    In the Stewart’s home, they were talking among themselves about some of the weirdest, funniest, and most confusing things you would ever hear. Of course, they had no idea what happened to Ashley. That is until Ryann got a call. The call. “Hello?” “Is this Ryann Stewart?” Ryann paused, confused. He looked at the clock. 10:30. Ashley had been gone for over an hour. It only took 7 minutes to get to Pizza Palace. Now he was starting to worry. “Uhm, yes. But may I ask who is calling?” “This is the Miami Police Department…” As the policeman spoke, Ryann was in complete shock. So much to where he couldn’t make out the whole sentence. “…your wife…shot…drive-by…” The only thing he could do was stand there. His hand was loosening its grip on the phone gradually. It wasn’t until it hit the floor did the girls notice what was going on.
    Ryann’s legs began to give out and they just went completely limp. He fell down on his knees and began to loudly sob. The girls ran over to him and tried to comfort him, but he was still in shock and all he could do was cry. He couldn’t believe she was gone.