As soon as she stepped into the school, she felt everyone's eyes on her. She didn't let it faze her because she knew she looked good. At least, way better than she used to. But there was only one person she was looking for right now. Bryce. She needed to apologize. As she made her way through the endless halls, she saw countless teachers that she adored. She stopped to greet them and each of them said something along the lines of, "Wow, Amada! You look great!" or "How did you do that so fast?" As she wandered the halls, she realized where he would be.

She made her way to the cafeteria to get her usual sausage biscuit. As she bobbed and weaved through people, she was getting tons of stares. She was starting to get weirded out by it, so she hurried to grab the biscuit and get out of there. She cut the corner to get to the band room. Bryce usually eats breakfast in there because it is quiet. She opened the door and she saw Bryce, on the floor, eating a mini cinnamon roll. "Bryce?" Bryce looked up when he heard his name and when he saw her, he almost choked on his cinnamon roll. "Holy crap! Amada?"
     He was so surprised that he jumped to his feet. Amada laughed and opened her arms to him. He returned her affection and they shared a strong hug. They stayed intwined for a little while When they let each other go, Bryce gave Amada a once-over. "How did this happen so quickly?" He had a couple of ideas, but he didn't want to automatically assume she had surgery. "I would have texted you earlier, but I wasn't sure if you wanted to see me again after that performance in the hallway." Bryce chuckled. "Are you kidding? I missed you. I should have texted and I'm sorry." Amada smiled and shook her head. "No, I'm sorry. I don't know what you and Gillian were talking about, and I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions." She wrapped Bryce in another embrace. She got her best friend back.
     They walked down the main hall and Bryce repeated his question. "How did this happen so quickly?" Amada smiled. "Surgery. But I also have been working out." "How much do you weigh now?" Bryce asked. "172.4 pounds." Bryce gasped. "Oh my gosh! Your weight was cut in half! How do you feel?" He was so happy that she could live a normal life now. "Great, for the most part. But, I have tissue necrosis. It doesn't feel great." Bryce had a worrisome look on his face. "What's that?" Amada sighed. "Look it up," she said. So, he did. "Wow, that's gross."