Ryann Stewart was 43 years old when his life changed forever. His wife of 19 years was gone. He spent hours upon hours mourning her for the first few weeks after her death. The girls weren’t taking it so well either, but they didn’t want to be left alone. They would snuggle up to each other and just let all of their feelings, tears, and thoughts out. Ryann, on the other hand, wanted to be left alone. And because of that decision, he wasn’t able to cope. So, his life started to spiral.
    He looked to drugs as his remedy. He started out with taking some of Amada’s melatonin so it could help him sleep. Then, he turned to marijuana to help take his mind off of it. He soon became addicted to it. Since then, he’s gotten countless DUIs and was arrested twice for illegal possession. The first time, he was sentenced to two years. Now, he was sentenced to four years with the possibility of parole. He’s still in prison currently and he won’t get out before Amada’s 18th birthday.
    When their dad first went to prison, Amada was almost 14 years old and Bella was 20. Bella filed for temporary custody of Amada. When he got out, he violated his parole. His parole officer required him to take a drug test. Unfortunately, he failed and was sent back to prison for a maximum of four years. Because of this, Bella had custody until Amada is 18 and can live on her own. So, that is why that was the worst day of Amada’s life. It was the day her family started to fall apart.