Chapter 3: Kylo and his Companion part 2

I was trying to find the best picture to use for this chapter, and I think I did a good job.
Since this is where Shadow would be introduced I decided that whenever I need him to talk it will be in Kylo and the other packs' heads which will look like this "Human". Just to avoid any confusion in this book.
Quick warning: gore and some blood.

??? POV:
It's been a few days since my imprisonment here..... Well OUR imprisonment here, they brought a young human down here as well. I thought that this little human was with those excuses for humans, but he wasn't. He acted the complete opposite of them, he cared. I thought it was a trick but as time when by, it was......strange. I got a strange feeling when I would always be near him, like that feeling that something was going to change your life for the better: Could this feeling be what my father told me about my destiny?
As I was near the human enjoying this thing he calls 'petting', one of our captives came to do their daily check-ins to see if we aren't trying anything we shouldn't be doing. I can tell by my sensitive nose that he was sweating hard. One thing for sure is that he should, I can already tell is that my pack has the place surrounded. As he was done checking I started to wonder. What will happen to this little human? Will they be alright on their own? As these questions filled my head the little human broke me from my thoughts. He said "don't worry if anything was to happen, I'll be there to help you out."

3rd Person POV:
As the first crook got back upstairs, the second crook was there waiting for his response. "Well, how are the little brat and the furball?" He demanded in the bluntest and harshest tone possible. "Their fine" the first crook said "but-" he beginnings to look around uneasy. "Don't you get the feeling we're being watched by something?" The second crook walks toward him and punched him across the face. "Stop being so paranoid, once this all blows over we'll hold that little brat for ransom and turn that little fuzzball into a stuffed animal." As the second crook walked to the second floor, he looked back "and don't screw THIS one up Dennis, I'm going to bed while you keep watch." Dennis watched as the second crook walked upstairs.
"Oh man," said Dennis "I'm always on watch duty." Just as he was about to sit down he got that 'being watched' feeling again, but this time it was closer. Dennis was shaking looking both left from the living room and right which leads to the kitchen. Dennis gulped, anxious about what was to come if he screws up again.
Then, there was light scratching coming from the front door. Dennis is confused, nobody doesn't even know where this place is. Dennis hesitated as he slowly walked to the door getting ready to use his Quirk. He turned the knob to see..........nothing.
"Huh?" Dennis looked outside the door only to see nothing by pure darkness. He closes the door and started walking to his bedroom. As he was passing the first bedroom he heard struggling noises. "Chris?" Dennis said in front of Chris's bedroom. the struggling got louder and louder until it stopped
"Chr-" Dennis got interrupted by Chris charging out his bedroom while being pinned to the ground by a full-grown black and silver fur wolf.
Dennis screamed Chris grunted and said, "Don't just stand there, do something!" As Chris was about to help, the wolf jumped off Chris and ran downstairs. Dennis runs toward Chris and sees that he's losing blood fast. Dennis was panicking, he picked Chris up from the ground and lead Chris to the staircase. When he got to the staircase he froze, down the stairs was a pack of wolves with glowing red eyes and a thirst for their blood.

Kylo POV:
I heard screams of pain and agony coming from upstairs, 'What going on upstairs?' I thought. My thought was cut short when the basement door opened. From the door, I see some sort of dog. The pup jumped up from beside me and started to wonder 'is this his father?' The pup's father steps closer to us and looked directly at me. I can tell by the look in his eyes says 'Should I kill you now or later?'
The pup, that was beside me, looked at his father and stared at him and for a second I thought I saw the big dog nod his head. Then he walks towards me and...... wait, animals can have quirks too. The big dog used some sort of red cable that came from inside its body. First, he cut his son free, then eyed me for a few seconds before cutting me free too. I slowly got up from sitting on the ground for who knows for how long. The big dog was already at the top of the stairs while the little pup was pulling on my PJs telling me to follow. I did as I was instructed. As I was nearly up the stairs, with the pup tugging on my PJs, I smelled a copper-like smell around me. I walk into the living room and see that their bodies were all scratched and bloodied.

I thought to myself 'who could've done this?' I looked closer at the bodies to find their culprits: Wolves. I was at a loss for words, "these wolves saved me and the p-" my thought was once again interpreted by the pup, to which I realized it was a wolf pup, he looked so happy as if he was thanking me. "Your welcome," I said to him as I petted him.
The Black and Silver fur wolf looked at us and the rest of the wolves before leaving, except one of them didn't leave, the pup stayed by my side. I slowly pushed the pup to his father telling him "you can't come with me." The pup looked heartbroken by my words. I closed my eyes as the wolf pup slowly walked away from me with his head hanging down.

I felt a strange but familiar presence from behind me. I slowly turned around to see one of the thugs had a gun, what's worse was that it was aimed at the pup. Before he could pull the trigger, I dived ahead and protected the pup. The bullet went through my side. the alpha wolf ran toward me and his son I got off him and said "see, I told him I'll be there to protect him." I saw my vision got blurry and slowly passed out.

??? POV:
He.......the little human protected me. I slowly walked to his limp body and pressed my head against him. He didn't even move. My father walked toward me and looked down at the hu........no my friend. I whimpered to him as I hoped by any means that this was all just a really bad, terrible, awful dream. My father looked at me and said "You care about this..........human right?" What kind of question is that of course I do. I didn't need to answer as my father replied: "There is a way to give back his lifeforce." I looked at him as he continued "my son, I see how you cared about this human. I foresaw this in a vision about you, if you truly do care for him as he does to you then I'll make him a member of our pack." I didn't know what to say, but what I do know is that he threw away his life for me. I want my special bond back, even if I'll kill and hunt anything if I have to. I nod my head at him, father nodded at my response "very well my son."

Me and father towered over his body and performed the incantation, for this to work we'll need both my blood and he's for the ritual. As my father was chanting the ancient incantation, all my brothers and sisters circled my human. The wind was howling and the moon turned red. My father looked at me and nod.
I went towards my human and wimpered as I cut my paw pad in some sharp rocks then I bit his hand hard enough to draw some of his blood.
As I placed my paw on his hand our blood glowed just like the moon. When my father was done with the incantation I felt funny. The glow from our blood stopped and both the wound from his side and my bite mark were slowly healing. Now that I and he are linked, we can communicate with each other.

3rd person POV:
the ritual was done, the wolves dragged Kylo to the nearest place where they saw people are. When they got to the nearest Park Ranger station, which was several yards away, the pack leader left Kylo at the doorstep and clawed the door. The wolves scatter and wait for the Park Ranger to come out. When the ranger did come out they immediately noticed Kylo and called the paramedics. When the paramedics got there they strapped Kylo on the stretcher. The wolf pup looked at his partner as his father looked at him. "My son, your time has come. Make sure you do us proud." The pup nodded and headed toward Kylo on the stretcher. The pup snuck inside the back with Kylo when the paramedics weren't looking.
Kylo slowly regained consciousness as he felt something on his lap. "Hi little human"
"Hey bud"
"I'm so glad you are awake"
"Yeah, I couldn't let them hurt you"
"You wasn't supposed to be the hero"
"But that's what I wanna be when I grow up."
The pup stayed silent for a second before asking something.
Say, human, can I be a hero with you?"
Kylo smiled "of course you can, my name is Kylo. What's yours?"
The pup licked Kylo face "you can call me Shadow, your new companion."

'So I was right, it was a two-part story. Anywho I'll try to keep doing these updates when I'm not busy. Thank you all for your patience and understanding.'