Chapter 16: Time For a Change

3rd Person POV:
In the Nurse's office, Recovery Girl is lecturing All Might while Kylo was sitting on the side of the bed looking at Izuku and the injuries he had. "The second day of school and he's already a regular patient. Why didn't you stop him All Might?" "Your right Recovery Girl" All Might admitted, "I'm sorry". Just then Shadow appeared beside Kylo, and Kylo started to pet Shadow to see his tail wagging. "Well it's no good to apologize to me" Recovery Girl said still lecturing All Might "his too exhausted for his classes for my quirk, I can't treat all his injuries at once, I did some first aid then after the IV is finished we'll have to wait for his body to heal overnight." Recovery Girl then turned her back to All Might but remained eye contact with him.

Shadow's POV:
"Come on All Might, I know you passed on your powers to that boy but you can't spoil him" that caught me and Kylo's attention, guess we were both right. Me and Kylo listened to All Might trying not to play favorites and to keep this 'One-for-All' think quiet. All Might then flinched and looked at the both of us, to which, Recovery looked at Kylo then me with a confused expression on her face when she saw me "My, my when did a wolf get in here". "Oh, I forgot to mention," Kylo said rubbing the back of his neck and introduced me "this is my friend/partner Shadow, he was the one who got me to safety so I could recover."

Recovery Girl came to the realization "oh right, I'm so sorry sweetie but I have to see if you are ok". Kylo nods his head "I'm fine, me and Shadow share a second quirk but I didn't want to put it on my quirk registration forum until later on. It uses my blood to heal me and use as weapons or armor." All Might and Recovery Girl was fascinated about such a useful quirk. Recovery Girl said asking a question "do you think that you could heal other people with that quirk?" Now that question puzzled me, could we perhaps heal others rather than ourselves?

Kylo looked at me and thought of the same question, I cut him off before he asked "I have no clue if we could heal others. Once we are going home, I'll ask father if we can heal others". Kylo nods his head and said to Recovery Girl "I have no clue if we can do it or not. We'll find out when we get home" she nods her head understand and said in a kind tone "well sweetie I think you should get to class now, don't want Aizawa to get angry at you now would we?" Kylo got up, looked at me and thought 'Shadow, I want you to stay here with Izuku.' I understood, I made it to where instead of going back to Kylo's shadow, I was the shadow side of the medical bed. Kylo walked back to class.

While Kylo was gone, I listened to what All Might and Recovery Girl was saying. All that stuff about keeping All Might quirk, 'One-for-All' a secret, and some other things. Some time has passed by, I sense Izuku's shadow was moving "rise and shine sonny" Recovery Girl said.

As Izuku was walking down that hall, I hopped out of his shadow and finding Kylo somewhere in UA. It only took me a few seconds to find him on the school rooftop looking at the afternoon sun. He sensed my presents "how's Izuku, Shadow?" I replied "he'll have to see Recovery Girl tomorrow to continue his treatment" he hummed at my response as I sat next to him. He pulled out some blueberries for me as we ate together. I really do enjoy our time together like this, he actually treats me like an actual partner. I need to tell him.........

Flashback to Nurse's office

When Izuku left the nurse's office to go to class, I heard Izuku talking to himself "Kylo, I can't believe he got hurt trying to protect me" he was looking at the cast on his arm "and yet I still couldn't help him." If doubt could be anything, what Izuku is saying is the best example of it. "I just want to be strong for him and protect him as he did me..... he been so nice to me and been there for me and yet I couldn't help him." There was a long pause before Izuku continued walking to class "when I see Kylo again, I'm gonna tell him how I truly feel about him." So Izuku is going to tell Kylo how he feels huh?, well he already has my permission to ask him, he is a good friend......hmm.

End of Flashback

Kylo's POV:
After I got done with my blueberries, I got up and looked at Shadow who was thinking about something "hey Shadow" whatever Shadow was thinking was interrupted "are you doing ok?" Shadow finished his blueberries and replied "yeah Y/n, I was just thinking about if we could heal other people. That's all" I shrugged my shoulders "it's alright, we are going to asked your dad if we could do that" Shadow nod his head and went into my shadow.

While walking back to class, I saw Asui, Ashido, and Ochaco on the window looking outside. I approached then "hey guys what are you looking at?" Ochaco just pointed outside, I looked outside to see Izuku and Bakugou outside. I heard Ashido say "what do you think those two are tal-" I quickly teleported myself outside behind the bushes as Shadow came out right beside me "I have to tell you something," Izuku said "M-maybe then you'll find out what's going on" me and Shadow listened intently too.

He went on about who gave him his quirk, which was All Might but kept it a secret, about how he's trying to control it. Bakugou was getting angrier and angrier by Izuku talking to him "and I'll finally beat you with my own power." I looked a Bakugou to see how he would react, to which by the look on his face was saying 'what the hell is he talking about'. Bakugou told Izuku he didn't believe whatever he told him, but he was reflecting on that Ice guy who looked like he's bored with everything and the girl with the highest IQ in the class.

I have seen what I've never seen before: Bakugou the living firecracker who will get mad in under several seconds was....crying

"Enjoy that win Deku you won't get another, I'm just getting started, got that

"Enjoy that win Deku you won't get another, I'm just getting started, got that. I'm gonna end up the No. 1 hero no matter what!" Bakugou started to walk away "you won't bet me again you bastard, don't even try." I started to walk out from behind the bush with Shadow following me and was walking to Izuku before.....

3rd Person POV:
"THERRRREEEEEE YYYOOOOUUUUUU AAAAAARRRRRRREEEEEEE!" All Might ran past Izuku to catch Bakugou before he left "Young.....Baku....gou........

I've found you" All Might said panting "just so you know, pride is an important attribute to have but while you certainly the abilities to become a pro hero

I've found you" All Might said panting "just so you know, pride is an important attribute to have but while you certainly the abilities to become a pro hero. There's still plenty you have to learn....." "let go of me All Might right now" All Might was confused and looked at Bakugou "save your speeches, I'll be more famous than you without your help". All Might let go of Bakugou as he walked out the school gate.

Kylo just watch as he walked beside Izuku, without him noticing. "Wow" Kylo said "just wow" Izuku flinched as he just notices Kylo was next to him "You really made him mad Izuku." Izuku was blushing a little which went unnoticed. All Might interrupted Kylo and Izuku's little talk "Midoriya, what were you saying to Bakugou before I arrived so heroically" Izuku was trying to come up with an excuse, but All Might was too persistent to hear what he told Bakugou while Kylo was quietly laughing at the two.