// six //

i want to hug him but i can't..

"shall we continue walking?" he let go of my arm and i slowly nod. i take a steo forward and we both started to walk again. i put my hands again into the pockets of my jacket and look at the cars moving by. we passed a coffee shop and johnny stops pulling onto my arm. "what?" i look back at him and he title his chin toward the coffee shop. i sigh and nod. he let go of my arm and he pulls the door handle for to go in. i smile awkwardly and the scent of coffee hit my face. i look back at johnny and we both walk over to a booth.

i sit down and he sits across of me.
"what do you want to talk about, johnny?" i take my hands out of my pockets and place them on the table waiting for him to respond. "i want to explain" i narrow my eyes and he starts to talk "i know that i didn't say you a goodbye before leaving to canada..im sorry that i didn't ask about you or see you, but annie i promise that i was going through hard times too.." i look into his eyes "carson told me that your grandmother was suffering cancer.." his eyes began to water and i regret what i said. "johnny i-" "no..its fine.." he looks down and i start to feel bad. i rub my forehead and i hesitated to put my hand on his which i do. he look at my hand a small smile appear on his face. "im sorry about her...i know she is strong.." he smiles and grab a hold of my hand and i find myself smiling. ~he has a girlfriend annie~ i slowly take my hand out of his grip and clear my throat "johnny..you have a girlfriend.." before i let him say anything i stand up and walk out the coffee shop and i start to walk down the street. i feel my arm get pulled back and i turn my body to see johnny standing there. "annie...she is not my girlfriend anymore.." i raise my eyebrow and look at him. "she isn't?" he slowly nods. i take a deep breath and slowly cross my arms "i broke up with her before i bumped into you" i look into his eyes "why?" he sighs and put his hands into his pockets "because i still love you.." we lock eyes and i slowly unfold my arms. i break the eye contact and look away from him "if you really loved me.." i look back at him "you wouldn't of had another girlfriend.." i say as i walk past him and my arm get pulled back again "but i never ended my relationship with you. so we still have a chance" i scoff. "yeah, not gonna happen" i get closer to him "because you and me know who exactly ruined it of us" i step back again "i wish i could have you again.." i try my hardest not to show the hurt in my voice "but..its too late for that" i look up at him "lets move on from each other..its for the best" he took a step closer "annie i can't do that...i won't be able to do that.." a tear slip down my face "we have too...and we are going to do it" i take a glance back at him before turning around and walk down the sidewalk.

i have to keep it that way..i have to stay away and forget..