chapter one

final selection

y/n kaori is an orfan since birth

y/n kaori is an orfan since birth. Her parents were nowhere to be found but was presumably reported to be alive. The reason they left her was unknown. her siblings was separated from her during their years in an orphan in a young age, leaving barely any memories between them.

y/n's orfan was attacked by demons not long after her 8th birthday. She was taken care under a sensei named jigoro kuwajima, a lightning based demon slayer. Including other kids, he took them under his care and trained them. She started her training in an early age until she was in a suitable age and was ready to take on the final selection at age 13

y/n kaori had a special gift that she was borned with. she had amazing visions and is able to to make out invisible objects using her mind. thread-like strings would draw out the objects while her mind does the rest of filling in the picture. when she notices a demon even in the dark or somewhere near, a thin red thread would outline its figure, while a normal person would be blue, and as for objects it is white.

+

before leaving kuwajima sensei gave me a long weapon which the outside cast was wrapped with bandages keeping the old wood in tacked. i wielded it out showing a sharp thin blade with threads and thin cloth wrapped around the handle making it more steady to hold.

he gave me one last hug before telling me off with a goodbye. I walked down the mountains leaving my home once again. my pale blue patterned haori flowed gracefully in the wind as I hopped from each tree to another. it was a great clear day with the sun shining brightly.

it wasn't long for me to arrive up the fujikasane mountain. I made my way up there easily, being greeted by dozens of beautiful wisterias decorating the land. I went up to one of them touching it's soft delicate purple leaves, meeting eyes with a person.

he had long beautiful raven hair, with black ocean eyes darks and deep as an abyss. His haori had in a colour of blue complimented by swirly white clouds. we kept gazes for a bit before he walked away.

not even a word.

we were escorted by 2 little girls in a kimono which they lead us the way into an opening along with other interns. Everyone looked determined. I stood silently as I listened to what they were explaining and with that, the wisterias disappeared, which mean demons would start coming out.

I've killed some demons during training with sensei before but they were all low class. Everyone spreaded out quickly and I decided to head out East where the sunrises. I would have a slight advantage defeating demons earlier.

as I made my way to East, jumping from trees to trees, I've noticed the same raven haired person going in the same direction. I bet he has the same idea in mind. Before I landed on a lower branch an unexpected demon jumped towards me. Eyes widening by the sudden attack, I quickly turned my body to the side dodging it.