chapter sixteen

sibling's fight

after the sudden leave, uzui and i roamed around the place trying our best to gather as much informations, but to no avail, there was barely

after the sudden leave, uzui and i roamed around the place trying our best to gather as much informations, but to no avail, there was barely. the next day passed and it was already night.

  "what happened to zenko and hinatsuru, answer quickly and don't look back," uzui's dagger were held on the man's neck. we were currently at  the kyougoku house where zenitsu and hinatsuru disappeared from. i watched from behind silently.

  "zenko vanished," the man stuttered, "hinatsuru got sick so she went to a more lowly brothel."

  "who do you suspect?"

  "an oiran named warabihime. she lives in a room in the northern part of the building where the sun doesn't penetrate-"

  "so it was her. the one who attacked me and zenitsu," i muttered and we left immediately.

  "you know we could've just went there considering i already knew her," i eyed uzui as we made our way through different rooms.

  "we needed to make sure. it's always good to be more precise," he replied.

  "well i think it's a waste of time."

  we exited the house after discovering that the demon wasn't in her room. me and uzui made our way to the brothel immediately, and eventually we found his wife.

  kirimise, the lowest class brothel, a place where prostitutes who gets sick are sent to. this place seems unorganized and wrecked. i waited outside while uzui aids to his wife, it wasn't long until he came out from the room and instructed me to try and sense out a demon's presence.

  "so it had already begun?" i muttered to myself and jumped from roof to roof until uzui heard some sounds coming from the ground.

  "there's a huge cave underground that is linked to different tunnels," he spoke.

  "i can also see a bunch of people trapped in there. some of them are moving. they're alive and they're fighting this demon. take them out quickly," i told and backed away as uzui wielded out both his blades, "breath of sound, first form, THUNDER." as a large whole was made, the sashes escaped from the cave along with uzui's wives, inosuke, and zenitsu.

  i watched as uzui talked with his wife, and to see that this dude is so gentle with them to the fact i'm kinda tearing up.

  "oh? and who is this?" one of the wife noticed me standing silently next to inosuke. her hair was tied into a ponytail and she had light brown bangs with a pretty large eyes. she walked towards me with a smile on her face.

  so this is a ninja?

  "oh. i'm y/n kaori nice to meet you," i nervously introduced myself. she's pretty. "i'm here on the same mission as uzui-san."