chapter three

family demon

it's been 5 years since my first mission

it's been 5 years since my first mission. I haven't heard or seen tomioka after that day. It was kinda sad but I shook it off quickly. I went on many missions, killed different classes of demons in all shapes and sizes, had some missions with other slayers, but apart from that everything was fine. I improved my abilities drastically and matured physically and mentally.

I've went to visit sensei when I had time, and got the news that Zenitsu passed the final.

Several weeks before the news about Zenitsu, I was asked to go to the headquarters by the master himself. It was a nervous experience but it was quickly replaced by a huge sense of responsibility.

I'm now a thunder pillar working along side other pillars including tomioka, the water pillar. I was shocked to find him there but I didn't show it. I had to keep a professional impression. I was escorted to my own estate. It was my new home, which means I wouldn't have to camp out in different places after my missions now.

I spent the next several weeks regenerating in the butterfly estate where I became friends with shinobu quickly. We often spent time with Mitsuru who is a love pillar. I got along with the rest pretty well and rengoku treated me like his little sister. I would go to annoy tomioka every now and then, but besides that I was enjoying my time there.

I was finally back to full health and my crow made its way to the front porch.

"MOUNT NATAGUMO SIGHTS OF A FAMILY OF DEMONS MOUNT NATAGUMO," it cawked loudly. I immediately started to get ready and not forgetting to bring some bandage rolls with me. I went to the road making my way to mount natagumo.

I finally arrived in the forest to see injured unconscious slayers lying in the ground. I'd have to come back for their aid after, or the cleanup team will have to do it if I even make it in time.

jumping from branches to different places I kept an observant vision around me. No sightings of demons yet. I finally made it to a clearing but retreated and hid myself as I saw a a demon sitting on a boulder playing with threads.

silently I watched as she talked to herself. She's probably crazy in the head. Tears were forming in her eyes repeating the same word "I must not disapoint" over and over again. I decided to keep clear from the battle for a bit observing every action of the demon especially her fingers. Her delicate slender fingers kneaded onto the thread which goes to who knows where.

leaving her, I silently and steadily moved to a more crowded place. There I saw 3 young slayers being attacked by some mannequins. One with a green patterned haori and another shirtless with a boar mask, and another with just the uniform. I jumped down landing in front of them. Their comrades were being controlled by the threads from the female demon earlier.