Decisions

DEDICATIONS:

Xaharau for making three very beautiful covers for me including the present cover.

kamilah_muk for being an advisor and convincing me not to unpublish the book

and lastly

Eeasharh for supporting me and looking out for me .

thanks so much you guys you don't know how much it means to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abba called us all to the garden to talk after Ya Mahmud was ready. I quickly changed to a green maxi dress with a borwn veil and skipped to the garden where i saw everyone seated on the carpet grass including Hauwa. I guess her parents are out of town. I joined them and sat beside Hauwa crossing my legs my elbows on my knees. "Ughm" Abba cleared his throat getting everyones attention. "Earlier today Umma and I had a chit chat and decided to get your opinion on the matter." he paused and looked around "We would like to get your opinion on us going to Nigeria to visit your relatives after Zarah and Hauwa are on holidays." He turned towards Hauwa "As it is your parents will be in Saudi Arabia for two more years they have allowed you to come along as our families are close"

I turned to look at Hauwa, she nodded. "Abba does that mean we are going to Nigeria in two weeks?" I asked feeling giddy already as I was visiting Nigeria for the first time. He nodded " On sunday two days after your vacation" I squeled "i'm going to Nigeria, i'm going to see my grandparents, Hauwa we're going to Nigeria woohoo" I pulled her up and we danced around the garden "Zarah, Hauwa guards are around" Oops, we sat back down. Umma stood up and made her way to the kitchen. "Abba are we using your private jet to go" "yes." He then stood up and went back inside the house. I saw Ya Mahmud follow Abba and shrugged. My adhan called signaling time for Asr prayer. I stood up and pulled Hauwa with me and together we made our way to my room. We entered the bathroom as it was a double sink we performed ablution. We went out and prayed. I made dua for our upcoming trip and everybody and for the entire muslim Ummah.

Mahmud's P.O.V

I stood up as soon as I saw Abba standing up and followed him close behind. Once he was about to ente his room I called his name. He turned and looked at me waiting for me to speak "Can I talk to you" "sure" he lead me into his room and we sat on the bed. I didn't know where to start. "Abba is it safe?" "What do you mean?" "I mean by i heard your conversation with Umma yesterday about Uncle Kassim" I paused to see his reaction "He might be in Nigeria" "Mahmud" "Na'am Abba" "I understand where you're coming from but is it not high time we visit our home town, we can only depend on Allah's protection and also being vigilant and Insha Allah nothing will happen" I nodded. even with that I still ahve to do something to protect them.

"Thank you Abba but please we have to be extra careful just in case" He nodded and was about to speak when we heard the adhan being called. We stood up and made our way to the family mosque to pray asr prayer. As soon as we came back we were welcomed with the sweet scent rice eith chicken.We met Umma calling everyone for a late lunch. I sat opposite Abba, Umma beside Him, Zarah beside me and Hauwa beside Zarah. I saw the remaining food. Rice, chicken salad and hibiscus drink. Alhamdullilah. WE said our bismillahs and ate in silence everyone engrossed in their various thoughts.

"Abba school is closing early" Zarah said out of the blue. "Why" Abba asked looking perplexed "some problems with the goverrnment. We recieved the message when Hauwa and I went to pray asr prayer, so we are writing our exams next week wednesday" Zarah replied. Thats good the eirlierr we go the earlier we come back and the less risk of an encounter with Uncle Kassim. "hmm so I guess we are going to Nigeria by saturday. Is that okay with everyone?" I nodded while Zarah and Hauwa squeled. I shook my head, those girls will never change. Masha Allah i'm happy to be going back to Nigeria but precaitions will have to be taken against Uncle Kassim. I finished eating and excused myself going up to my room I called up one of the best investigators Oga Mike. I gave him the necessary instructions and ended the call being at ease knowing we will be safe as we go to Nigeria. I laid back on the bed and fell into a deep slumber.

Zarah's P.O.V

"Hauwa wlh i'm not ready for our acheology exam, i've been in the hospital for most of the term" I whined. I can't afford to fail this exam. "Don't worry shish the teachersgave me study cards specifically for you as they know you have been absent" Hauwa said brining out the study cards from her backpack. I jumped on her back "Hauwa thank you thank you thank you so much you don't know how much this means to me ithout you being in that class I would probaby have failed this years exam" "I know i'm the best no need to tell me" I got of her back and puched her lightly. Her being her over dramatic self screamed. I rolled my eyes. "You know we need to get packing right. I dont even know what to pack, the weather, whatt they wear I know nothing. I dont even know if they speak english." "First of all of course they speak english secondly just pack for both cold and hot weather thirdly they have this native wears but we can get those when we get there. My mom has them and has worn it before." Hauwa replied matter of factly.

"Ok hmm I know you have half of your clothes here and about two of your boxes but won't we need like three each and we didn't even ask how long we would be their" I said already stressed out " ZARAH" Hauwa shouted my name "Yesss......" "You have to study and we can discuss packing later ok. We still have a few days and beside once we write our exams on wednesday we have the remaining days to pack and we can ask Umma if we need any help so chill and read" "ok ok i will."

✏✏
Wlh this chapter was so hard to write but alhamdullilah I finally got around to publishing it.
Anyways so you guys honestly are the best.
Eeasharh hbd this is another dedication for you as it's your birthday so happy birthday from me.
Guys don't let this chapter flop please I spent my night writing this
Also this chapter is not edited so forgive any mistakes

Xoxo-Khadijah