KIDNAP

A week came by in a flash and in the course of events Ummi was found an apartment to stay, maids we're fired, Ammi was assaulted twice and her oxygen mask removed countless times.

There is still no trace of the person who may be behind this and there was no way we could falsely accuse someone.

I sighed for the umpteenth time today as I rounded up my packing. Tomorrow we leave, today Friday is for goodbyes.

I can't believe Abba decided to leave Ammi here alone unattended with the claim of others being here for her.

A knock came at the door. It was one in the morning so I wondered who it could be. I gasped as the person came into view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My duvet was pulled roughly from my body. I rubbed my eyes as I saw Jiddah.

"Hey hey wake up its goodbye day, " She said and that made me jump. Recalling my talk with someone yesterday made me smile.

I yawned, covering my mouth and muttering a few words of prayers under my breath I went into the bathroom to do my business.

Once I was out Jiddah wasn't there anymore. I got dressed in a blue floral print maxi dresses and a matching veil wrapped loosely around my head.

I wore a pair of black soft flip flops before making my way out.

I met Ya Mahmoud and Jiddah waiting for me in the living room.

"Let's go, " I said and they both nodded getting up.

I surveyed their dressing. Jiddah was wearing blue denim jeans and a baggy ash long sleeve shirt with a single word on it "Bad".

She matched it with an ash veil wrapped turban-style atop her head and matching flip flops with mine but hers is blue in color.

Ya Mahmoud on the other hand wore a brown kaftan with beautiful embroidery and a brown Zanna Bukar cap in his hand as today was a Friday.

"Done checking us out?" Jiddah asked. I rolled my eyes and we made our way out and into the main house.

Everyone was present but not in the state I had expected them to be. Everyone looked confused and disheveled.

Something had definitely happened. "What's wrong?" The three of us frantically asked as soon as we approached them.

"Abba and Ummah have been kidnapped!" Hajar said the fright clear in her voice.

"WHAT!?!" Jiddah and Ya Mahmoud shouted while I muttered duas under my breath asking Allah to keep them safe.

The telephone kept at the corner of the dining room rang making me jump a little.

Inna picked it up as she was closer and placed it on speaker. "Hello?" Inna said cautiously.

"I'm sure you must be wondering where you beloveds are well to answer the question they have been kidnapped and are with us and don't expect them anytime soon, " a gruff voice replied.

I started feeling dizzy. I saw dots in front of me and the last thing I heard was the sound of my name before the darkness clouded my vision.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ummah's P.O.V

I woke up to a dimly lit room. I was lying down as the first thing I saw was a light bulb swinging from a very thin wire.

I tried to move my arms and legs but they were tied with ropes. I tried to talk but they were muffled by a cloth in my mouth.

All I could do was move my head. I turned to my right to see a sleeping figure on a chair and bottles of alcohol surrounding him.