HOME AT LAST

Unedited

Ummi's P.O.V

It's been a week since i was discharged from the hospital.

I just happened to overhear that they didn't have enough money to pay the bills so I started working there in secret to pay it up as I was a graduate after all.

They have been super nice to me and her sons are decent and the little girl Amal is just so nice and is just the cutest.

I tried to call Zarah, Ummi, Abba, Ya Mahmud or even Deena my best friend but all their numbers weren't going through.

I rubbed my eyes in frustration. Questions reeking through my head. Why aren't they looking for me? Are they looking for me? Why haven't I been found? Are they alright?

All these were just making my head hurt a lot.

I gave Hanif back his phone. He was the eldest while the second was Gamal.

He is around Zarah's age I think and the eldest around my age.

"No luck?" Hanif asked as he collected the phone.

I shook my head, I've been trying for so long to get in contact with them.

He smiled apologetically. I gave him a small smile and he left.

Months Later

" YA AISHA YA AISHA!" Amal came in screaming. "What is it did something happen?" I asked worried.

"Mama is calling you." She said with a
Cheeky grin and ran out of the room.

I adjusted the hijab I was wearing and moved to the front area where Aunty and Abh were sitting.

I sat on a mat beside them to listen to what she has to say.

"Dear Aisha there is a cart that will be going to Dubai tomorrow we have bargained for him to take you along. This is your opportunity to go home." She said her voice cracking at the end.

"No no Aunty i just can't leave you here alone who will take care of Amal and you when your sick and and...." I started to say but Abh cut me off.

"You are going and that is final!" He said in a strict yet calm voice.

I had no other choice than to oblige. Then I remember something.

I went into the room i shared with Amal and brought out a bundle of 500 Egyptian pounds.

I went into their room and placed it in Aunty's chest where she keeps the little money they earn.

I went back outside to ask for when I will be leaving. "After Fajr around six." Abh said.

I nodded. I went back inside to pack the little belongings I had in a sack and the remaining money.

It was already 10 in the night. I got a piece of paper and A pen and wrote.

"Dear Aunty,Abh,Amal,Hanif and Gamal

I'm sorry I have to leave i will seriously miss you all. Thank you for everything you have done for me write from when you found me in the river. I knew you didn't have the money yet you did that much for me and for that I am grateful. There is some money in Aunty's chest and I want you all to use it. Please use it to pay for Amal and Gamal's schooling, Aunty's medications for the house, doe new clothes and most importantly for food. By the time you see this I might have already been gone but I promise I will be back and by the time I come back your lives will change for the better. I love you all.