1 : A night in the Back

~ ❄️ ~

- Jungkook's pov -

"You think they forgot their evening patrol?"

Her skin.

"Mom I'm hungry"

Her lips.

"Who used all the fucking phone's battery?!"

Her eyes.

"Come on Leeho, it's bedtime"

Her curves.

"Stop going around in circles you dumb fuck you're stressing everybody"

I love h-

"Stop this fucking mess already" I mumbled in between my teeth, tensed jaw, while the hubbub had disturbed my nap.

I extended my knees, using the little space on these beds, which were actually big metallic shelves with blankets. Just enough to make bunk beds. I opened my eyes slowly to the same fucking mess. Every nights.

"Jk! Jk! A story pleaseee!" Leeho trew himself in between my knees, begging me like always.

God I should have taken the top bunk.

Moonee was giving me a sad smile from the hallway. Her lips were saying sorry to which I wasn't responding anymore.

Leeho sat on my lap with a big smile covering his face.

Am I weak in front of a little boy who lost his parents on Earth, who finds himself locked with his nanny in the dingy back of a train, and who still manage to smile thanks to my silly stories? Yes, I am. But the last thing I want is to him projecting his father figure needs through me.

I rested my head against the cold walls, searching for something to tell him. I took a deep breath before starting.

"Once upon a time, there was a little boy. Different enough from the others. One day, men came up to him and say that his mom was in heaven. Since that day, the little boy decided to build a rocket to go see her. He studied all the astronomy books he could find in the library, he brought back all the tools and metals from the landfill near his house."

"Did the rocket worked??" Asked Leeho, with a sparkling look in his eyes.

"Yes, he succeeded" I sighed while gazing in the void. "But the men told him that it was too small for him, and that only gratuates adults could go into the sky"

"So... All of this for nothing?" Asked Leeho, with a sad pout.

I answered with a grin. "No, the little boy filmed himself with everything he wanted to tell his mom, and then lauched the rocket with the camera inside." I ended the story quickly, avoiding any up coming question. I took him into my arms and carried him into his bed, a few feet away from mine.

"Now you need to sleep kiddo" I sighed while putting the blanket over his thin body although his eyes were begging me to stay.
"But I'm not sleepy" he answered with a grumpy pout.

"If you want more stories you must sleep now" I softly ruffled his hair. "Goodnight Leeho" I added leaving him no choice, he answered you too with his sweet voice.

I was going back to my bed when the whole car train started trembling, screams of surprise echoed through the hallways. I caught myself up on the bars bed just in time, I looked around to see if everyone was alright.

"Is everyone okay?!" I asked almost screaming for everyone to hear me.

"Oh we're starting to feel cradled son" laughed the old Hongnul laid down from his top bunk. I nodded and noticed Moonee calling me with her frightened look.