Chapter 2: 'The run in'

Friday 6th December 2019

Lucy's POV:

It was Friday afternoon and I was out shopping with Millie and Georgia after work.

I had made sure to have the whole weekend off since I had been working every day for weeks and I knew there was a good chance I was going to be severely hungover tomorrow.

"Hey Lu, what about this dress?"

I grimaced as I glanced over at the very short red dress that Georgia had pulled out. It had a very low neckline and was also very short.

I might as well go naked if that's what they are wanting me to wear!

"no way! I don't want something too revealing! Something cute but a bit more concealed"

"oh, come on Lu! It's not that bad right Millie?" Georgia showed Millie and she pulled the same face as me.

"Yeah I'm sorry G but I think Lu is right in turning down that dress. She might as well go naked!"

Phew. I'm glad someone else agrees!

We continue to chat whilst flicking through all the items of clothing that are hanging on the racks.

"ugh, I give up guys. I'm never going to find anything! I just won't come!"

"No! don't start that with me missy! It is my birthday week, so you are coming whether you like it or not!" Millie exclaimed so loudly that people in the shop were now looking at us.

"ok ok, I'm sorry. Let's just hurry up and find something then get the hell out of here!"

"OMG Lu this is the one!"

Georgia pulled out a gorgeous long-sleeved black sparkly dress that covered all of my cleavage. It was backless and still very short but not so much that my behind would be out.

I loved it.

"Lu I'm with G on this one. You are trying this on"

I headed to the changing rooms and tried it on and was satisfied with the way it looked so headed out of the changing room without showing anyone.

"wait didn't you like it?"

Georgia and Millie both look at me confused as they follow me heading over to the till.

"no actually. Quite the opposite but you guys don't get to see it on until later on" I looked at them both with a sly grin on my mouth before paying for the dress and heading out of the store.

*
*
*
I had just arrived home and was sat on the sofa with Rambo playing tug with his favorite rope toy.

I still had a couple of hours until I had to be ready, so I tried to hold off for as long as possible.

I never really wore makeup but when I did, I usually went all out and since it was my besties birthday I thought why not.

I went into the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes and grabbed a towel. I reached in past the shower curtain and turned on the shower deciding to have it quite hot in order to try and release some of the tension in my back.

Once out and cleaned I dried myself off and began on my hair and makeup. I decided to blow dry my long auburn hair and then straighten it. I decided on a Smokey eye look with thick black eyeliner and a thick layer of mascara on my eyes. I didn't want to go too heavy on the foundation, so I just put a thin layer on, and some blush and bronzer and I add a good dark red lipstick on for good measure.