Chapter 3: The Throwback part1

Monday 4th September 2006

The First day of Year 7:

Benji's POV:

It was my first day of year 7. I was only 11 years old and was walking into a ginormous school that was probably more than triple the size of my old one.

To say I was scared was an understatement. I was terrified.

I only had one person from my old school in my class but we had to sit alphabetical order and I was officially dreading finding out who I was going to be sat with but then the most gorgeous girl walked through them doors and I found myself hoping that she will be the person to sit next to me.

As luck would have it, she was placed with me and I soon learned her name. Louisa Goodwin. She had medium length, shiny curly auburn hair and the brightest blue eyes. She had freckles that spilled across her nose and down on to her cheeks and a perfectly rounded nose with small plump lips.

You could tell she was nervous as I noticed she fiddled with her fingers and every now and then I caught her biting her nails just like I did all too often. Everything about her was cute and all I wanted to do was talk to her, but I couldn't. I was too nervous and maybe even a little bit intimidated by her.

The rest of my lessons where the same as the first. We all sat in alphabetical order and every lesson I found myself sat next to her. We didn't speak all day we both just sat there and got on with our days. Because it was our first day of school, we didn't have to do much work it was more just introductions.

So, I went home that day thinking about the blue-eyed girl from my class and I couldn't help but smile.

I think I'm going to like this girl...

Lucy's POV:

My first day of year 7 was scary, to say the least. I barely knew anyone in my class, and I spent every lesson with my head down trying to avoid speaking to anyone in my class.

I was quite a shy person and was quite nervous all the time. I found myself biting my nails today more so than usual and by the end of the day my fingers were feeling sore.

I went to bed hoping for a better day the next because I didn't want to go but I knew I didn't have a choice. I just needed to get out there a little and actually talk to someone. Anyone!

*
*
*
Tuesday, 5th September 2006

My second day of year 7 and yet it still felt like the first. It was still as nerve-racking as it was yesterday and again, I found biting whatever was left of my fingernails.

Stop it stop it Lucy! Get your act together!

After my miniature pep talk in my head, I finally found the courage to walk to my first class.

It was a cold Tuesday morning and my first lesson was English with a teacher called Mr Harris. When I found the class, I was supposed to be in I walked straight in and sat straight in my assigned seat.

I opened up my rucksack and got my pencil case, planner, and my bottled water and placed my bag under the table out of the way whilst I awaited the teacher to come in.

It was less than two minutes later when I sharp looking man walked into my classroom as the whole room fell to silence. You could tell that this man was not one you would mess with. He wore a smartly tailored suit that fit him perfectly and he carried some books under his arms nonchalantly, as if they weighed nothing and he slammed them down on his desk making most people jump.

you knew this man meant business and to be honest, I was already shit scared off him.

after the lesson got started, we all had to get out our writing books and had to start writing about the book we had begun to read as a class and boy was I right about Mr Harris because he had come in and set a bunch of ground rules and he was stricter than strict!

my thoughts were interrupted when a boy who had sat next to me spoke.

"do you know what the date is?"

I turned to the boy who was sitting next to me only just kind of noticing his presence.

"um it's the 6th of September"

He grins at me "thanks"

I just smile back and get on with my work not really wanting to attract the attention of the teacher.

*
*
*
when the lesson finally ends, I walk out and let out a long breath. if I wasn't nervous before then I definitely am now.

"that was a little intense weren't it"

The same boy from before, I think his name was Benji, spoke to me again and I wasn't too sure how to act straight away.

I nod and chuckle a little. "yeah, it definitely didn't help my nerves"

"mine either. What do we have next?" he looks at me expectantly.

"uhm I think we have humanities with Mrs Brewer"

"oh right. Shall we walk together?"

"uhm sure" I say, not really sure what else to say to the cute boy offering to walk me to my classroom.

and that is how mine and Benji's friendship first started. Little did we know what was to come for us...

Sorry for the late plus short chapter...

Wasn't sure how to start it off so took me a bit longer but should be a new update soon!

Also, if you haven't already, I would really appreciate it if you could follow me on Instagram

@louiselaurierwriter