Chapter 11: Making New Memories

Finnic

A part of me, a very large part of me, couldn't help but be disappointed when Vivian said she couldn't remember anything. I want to know everything about her. I want to know her as deeply and intamatly as someone can possibly know another wolf. But the darker, and selfish part of me, wants to completely hide her past from her.

I dont recall ever hearing of two alphas being mated together. And as I sneak a glance at her my heart lunges in my chest. We've never seen anything so beautiful.

Her domineering presence is too overwhelming for anyone other than me. She isn't holding back her alpha influence. Aurora has blasted her aura, letting it completely free. I throughly enjoy her freedom, and the thought of forcing her to lock it up for the comfort of others, rubs my wolf and I the wrong way.

However it is concerning, it's almost as if she is unaware she is an alpha. The selfish part of me wants to keep it that way. How are two alphas supposed to rule separate packs and maintain their bond. It's all I've thought about the past several weeks. I can't abandon my pack to leave with her, and we refuse to let her leave our side. If we combined the packs it would be an unstable predicament.

It all seems so much easier if she doesn't know, her old life is what got her so far from home in the first place. Who even knows if her pack still exists. She would be in incredible danger if I let her go back. That is how my wolf and I are trying to justify taking her birthright from her.

These past few weeks have consumed me.

My heart still aches with the memory of her mangled body lying in my arms. Each beat reminded me that I had almost lost my other half, and we weren't in the clear yet.

My mind is even more restless.

Thoughts of "what if they come back to finish the job" never left me. How could I sleep or be at peace when she was fighting for her life. She never left the battle, she just transitioned from physical bloodshed to mental warfare.

And my wolf. My wolf hasn't settled since he laid his eyes on her. His fierce need to protect her had us up all hours of the day, pacing around her lifeless form, our ears were always listening, our eyes constantly watching her. My anxiety is at an all-time high, it's been too long since I've shifted.

Now that Vivian is awake, and for the most part healthy and happy. Our need to mark her has returned with a vengeance.

I let my aura out a bit, and it immediately gravitated toward her own. Not with the intent to harm, I just want to feel her. Our auras don't clash together, they flow into eachother like the wisp of jellyfish tentacles.

Vivian has been underplaying her injuries, attempting to act like she's fully healed while we walk to the packhouse. I notice her trying not to wince as she walks, but she still leans on me to aid her. My wolf adores it. She's already seeking us out for comfort. I hope she knows we would help her through anything.

We walk in a blissfull peace. My arm around her waist slightly holding her up. The trees around us sway with the light breeze, luckily it isn't too bright out today. I know it's nonsense to try to protect my mate from something as benign as the sun. The way I found her has my protective instincts on overdrive.

The walk is short, it isn't long before the pack house comes into view and with that so do my pack mates. They quickly scurry away or keep their heads down, necks bared. The packhouse is large, a giant cabin in the woods with a wrap around porch. An older mated couple, Martha and Jonah, rest on a hanging wooden swing. They stop swinging when they feel her presence and tilt their heads down to look at the ground. Several other pack members who are taking care of the garden that wraps around the house, swiftly stop everything they're doing.