Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal III-Holding Hands

Written by @ReginaldKastle24 on Wattpad ;)

The next day came quicker than expected. Shark drags himself out of bed and gets changed for the school day. He grabbed his backpack and walked downstairs to see that his sister Rio is talking with Yuma. It took Shark a moment to realize that Yuma had wanted to walk to school together last night.

"Hey Shark. Are you ready to go?" Yuma asked. Shark nodded in response.

The two of them began walking to school, all while Yuma was discussing what it was like to duel against the Barians.

"I was able to defeat Alito and Girag, but Mizar is still out there." Yuma said as Shark listened.

"So what's the deal, Shark? Do you...like me or something?" Yuma asked, after a short pause.

This stopped both boys dead in their tracks. Shark began blushing. He didn't think Yuma would just randomly ask this.

"Don't worry about me or what I feel. It doesn't matter." Shark said, walking ahead of Yuma.

Yuma looked at Shark. Maybe he doesn't have feelings for me. Maybe it was just a joke. Yuma thought.

Yuma caught up to Shark and didn't say anything for the next few minutes. This made it very awkward between the two. Mainly because it was a quiet morning and hardly anyone was out.

The two of them decided to take a shortcut to go to school. They were walking down an alleyway when they both heard a crash in the distance. In panic, Yuma gripped Shark's hand.

"Geez. That scared you?" Shark asked him.

Yuma looked at him, then pulled his hand away, blushing.

Suddenly, the two of them heard a man yelling at them. They turned around just as the man grabbed Yuma's hair and pulled him back.

"You two should know better than to wander onto these grounds. They belong to me and my gang!" He said.

"Let him go." Shark said to the man. The man looked at Shark. "I ain't stupid. You two are going to be punished for coming onto our territory!" He said as a few more people began walking up behind him.

Shark walked up to the man holding Yuma. Shark forcefully removed his hand from Yuma and pushed the other man to the ground.

"Did he hurt you Yuma?" Shark asked, helping Yuma off the ground. Yuma shook his head.

But Shark wasn't paying any attention to the guys behind him. One of the men came up behind Shark and punched him.

"Shark!" Yuma yelled as he kneeled down next to Shark.

"Ngggh....Yuma, get out of here, NOW." Shark said as he lightly pushed Yuma.

"B-But Shark, I can't-"

"Just get out of here now!" Shark said as he jumped up and punched one of the men.

Yuma quickly turned around and ran away in fear, hoping Shark would be safe.

———

Yuma had arrived at school, but was still crazy worried about his best friend.

"Dammit Shark! I shouldn't have left you alone!" Yuma yelled at himself.

As if it was on que, Shark was in Yuma's sight, walking up to school. Yuma ran over to him.

"Shark! Are you okay?!" Yuma asked with tears in his eyes.

"Yeah, don't worry about me." Shark replied.

"B-But your arm!"

"Hm?"

Shark looked down at his arm to see it had a bruise on it.

"Oh. Don't worry about it Yuma. I'll live." Shark said, continuing to walk to his class.

"If you say so Shark." Yuma said as he wrapped his arms around one of Shark's arms. Shark began blushing, but loved every moment of it.