sports festival

Izuku woke up in a bed in recovery girl's office. He was covered in bandages and when he sat up he coughed up blood. He then felt a hand on his chest and saw recovery girl. She then says " sit back I haven't been able to use my quirk for fear of killing you in you sleep stay still" she then heals him but tells him to be easy till the sports festival. The class is amazed he is alive. Izuku then sits down and even though mineta and katsuki don't like him they know he risked his life for the class. Aizawa is happy to see him up though not letting it be known. They do class as normal and Aizawa tells them of the sports festival. They have two weeks to prepare for it. Yamada is glad to see izuku up as well. They train together for the festival izuku training his quirk.

The race

Izuku still has the speed abilities from sao and was rather fast getting 1st. Having to cancel katsuki's quirk a couple times and at the end canceling todoroki.

Calvary battle

Izuku joins with shinso, Momo, and kirishima. They fight hard and get second.

1 vs 1 battle

Izuku has to fight shinso first and he says " let's have a nice fight" izuku is fighting with just his hands not even using his quirk. He decides something right there. He speaks " you are a worthy opponent you should replace mineta" he then backflips out of the ring. Shinso wins the sports festival and replaced mineta in class 1a. Say goodbye to the grapist.