Bonus 1 - Rencounter in the Forest of Death; Part 1 - Portentous assault

AN: I'm sooo sorry for not updating sooner, this Bonus was really, reaaally hard to write. 🙁 I initially wanted to make it a longer one-shot, but in the end, I wrote so much that I had to split it in five chapters. I'll post Part 2 tomorrow, Part 3 overmorrow and Part 4 after that and lastly, an Epilogue. I have to add that the Epilogue will most likely be published later because it's not completely finished yet, despite me so wanting and pursuing to do so. With that problem in mind, I decided to publish the first four now (after reading, re-editing and rewriting each many times 😥), because many of you like this story and I didn't want to keep you waiting any further. I'm apologizing again for the lack of updates and the case with the Epilogue. Each chapter of this Bonus is… let's say - long, so I hope you'll enjoy it nonetheless. I'd also like to thank you all for all support, reviews, votes, kind comments and patience! I wish you all a good day today! See you and enjoy! 😊

"I have a job for you two," Mori said with a smug smile plastered on his face.

Duo groaned in annoyance due to the fact they have to work together for the tenth time this week. And it was only Thursday.

"Why do I have to work with this Chibi again?" mumbled Dazai while pawing the carpet with his foot.

"Hey, I've heard that!" Chuuya yelled and was about to punch his partner when Mori intervened.

"Chuuya-kun, calm down please. And Dazai-kun, collaborate."

Boys, like on a button, stood still with both hands clasped behind their backs, but not before shooting glares at each other.

"What mission do we have to take, Boss?" Chuuya asked.

"There's a small organization in the North, interrupting the transportation of our valuable supplies and killing our men. There're all informations about them," he said and slid two papers forward. Dazai and Chuuya stepped closer and took them, eyes flying over the words. In a minute, the content was memorized and put back down.

"Excellent. I wish you good luck," Mori smiled and dismissed them.

.

.

.

"So... What do you think?" Dazai said while they were walking towards the van that's supposed to drop them about 4km from the forest.

"I think you need to shut your mouth until we get there," Chuuya answered.

Dazai's expression fell. "I meant about the mission."

Chuuya sighed. "I think it's kind of stupid their HQ is in the same forest one of our squads was attacked in, so I think we should be more careful."

Once again they were thinking the same. No wonder Mori decided to pair them, being perspicacious as he is.

Thinking back about the informations they've got, they couldn't throw one question from their heads.

Why would an organization that causes troubles to the Port Mafia be so reckless? With the attack, they attracted unwanted attention, leading to them being tracked down and voìla, Port Mafia retaliates by sending Double black who are going to sweep the floor with them.

"It can be a trap," Dazai said.

"Not anything we haven't encountered before," Chuuya said, but then changed his expression when he realized what Dazai is going to say.

"Then we have to make a plan while on the way," Dazai smirked. "That means I'm not keeping quiet~."

"Damn you," Chuuya groaned exasperatedly.