[3] Passione

"Yes, I can," Fugo walks towards the door. You rush to stop him right before he can open it. Your back facing the door. You open your arms prohibit him from going outside. 

"Move aside," Fugo order you with a stern voice, his jaws tighten. 

"I know you are always avoiding me and I can understand that I am still an outsider to you. But now you can't just tell me you're dangerous right now. At least tell me why. I will never know if you don't tell me, Fugo!"

"Damn it, I'll tell you why!" Fugo grabs both your wrist and pin you to the door. He looks angrily at you.

But now that you are touching him you can sense his sadness. You are no longer clenching your fists.

"I can't control my stand! Purple Haze will kill you! You can see my mind, right? Then, fucking see it for yourself!"

It flashes in your mind since Fugo himself lets you read his mind on purpose. You see how vigor Black Purple is. Peoples die within a second, melting, and rotten to the ground. You see Fugo once was not an exception. Right now Fugo may safe from the virus but still can't control not to attacking allies. 

"It scares you to death right?" 

Fugo's cold voice wakes you up.  You realize tears were running down your cheeks. 

Fugo let go of your wrists, "Now will you let me go?"

"How stupid," You start to sobs, recalling your memories where bodies lie around you. 

"What--,"

"You! You are stupid!" You growl, cupping his face in your hands, "I am not scared of you or Purple Haze at all!  In fact, we are only the same!"

Fugo is not moving the slightest bit, he is taken aback by your confrontation. He is not saying anything either. 

"I can't control Soul Siren too, you know?" You said softly to him, caressing his cheeks with your thumbs, "Mista doesn't know how scary Soul Siren is just because he can't see the effect directly. If I use Soul Siren to starts drive people mad, they would go mad to death. Hearing voices and hallucinating until they lose themselves. Now you know I can kill you too!"

Fugo bites his under lip, shaking your shoulders, "It won't change the fact I can kill you. I eventually will have to let out Purple Haze to protect you!"

"I can protect myself!" You deny him, you don't care anymore. Why is he being so hard? Why are you won't hold back as well? Do you pity him? Or because both of you basically the same?

"No, it's--,"

"Shh," You put your finger on his lips before he can continue, Fugo stops. Both of you are paying attention to each other's faces. The tenses between both of you fade away. You can sense him worrying you and you do tell him that you only want him to trust you. 

Fugo then hugs you, bury his face in the crook of your neck. You immediately hug him back. You smile thinly as you cling your hands around his neck. Caressing his soft hair. Calming each other.

You are not sure if this will happen without Soul Siren's power to tell ones feeling directly. Words sometimes can be hard to reach others. Still, you glad this power can help you understand each other better.

"They ran away pretty far," You murmured, looking at the map again. Now you and Fugo are inside the car going to Milan to chase the old group that won't vow loyalty to Giorno because Giorno banned all the drugs sells. 

It is now one hour since both of you departing from Napoli and it is currently 8 PM. You peek Fugo beside you who drives. He hasn't said anything since what happened this afternoon. You understand it. You are still surprised yourself. A little embarrassed even. 

You close the map while looking out the window. Can't help but give yourself a smile. This silence now are not suffocating like before. You let Fugo with his own mind. You know Fugo won't try to distance himself again. But still needs time until he won't tell you everything. 

I can wait.

"You can sleep if you want," You hear Fugo say, "I'll wake you up when we arrive."

You chuckled, "No, how can I leave you alone? Don't worry I'm used to staying up late."

"We will get to work as soon as we arrive, you better rest."

"I can say the same about you, you know?" You hum, "I'll just go sleep later. Still not sleepy."

"Hmm."

It goes silent again. 

"You mind if I sing?"

"You what?" Fugo was not expecting that. He looks at you quickly before focusing on the road again.

"I often sing to the kids back in the orphanage, " You say a bit embarrassed, "it is not that good, thankfully Soul Siren able to cover it up. It has a calming effect. I'll make sure it won't make you sleepy."

"Hmm," Fugo seems lost in his thoughts for a while, "sure."

"Thank you," You clear your throat before you sing. 

It is a song you made with the kids back then. About a blooming flower on a brick road in front of a little girl's house. The little girl picks it up the flower then raises it. The flower begin to speak one day and become her best friend. 

Soul Siren sits behind the car. Spreading her wings a little to accompanying you sing. 

Fugo doesn't say anything. He focusing himself to listen to you. His muscles are no longer tense. He can see the road clearly. There is a faint smile on his face you didn't see.

You keep singing for an hour. From an old song, pop song, even national anthem that Fugo couldn't hide his smile from. 

You take a water bottle from the back seat. Thirsty from singing for so long. You enjoyed it anyway and Fugo seems happy too. You couldn't contain your grin.

"Oh, you want a sip too?" You offer the water bottle to Fugo.

"Hmm, sure," He takes the bottle from your hand then give it back to you, "Grazie."

There is a faint shade of pink on his cheeks. 

"Prego, Fugo."

"You are a good singer," There is a faint shade of pink on his cheeks. 

"I am, I am," You say playfully, "it's been a long time since I last sing."

It gets quiet again. You leaned to your seat, searching for a comfortable position. Tomorrow morning is gonna be a rough mission.