[6] Dessert Names

"They are all lying," You scoffs, "they still running the casino in secret all this time. They use all the money to spread more connections. All way around Europe."

"I see, thank you [y/n]," Giorno simply nods at you as a sign that you can leave. 

Soul Siren disappears from your back. You march towards the door as you waving at Mista who gives you a thumb up. 

This is how your job usually is besides all the paperwork. Mista will call you to come somewhere and you will come immediately. Usually done in the mansion so you don't have to go far. Just like right now. You go up the stair from the basement. 

It is already the third month since you joined Passione. You never go into a real mission other than with Fugo that last time. Both of you knew there would be some way to go into mission together without hurting each other. You were impatient and Fugo was being stubborn. Still, both of you stay quiet about it. 

Giorno never ordered you two to go work on a mission again anyway.

"Fugo, I'm back," You announce your arrival, you still do this every time. 

"Hmm, welcome back," He welcomes you without looking at you.

"We gonna have a lot of papers to do," You sigh, sloping in your seat as soon as you sit.

You never bother him with his problem with Giorno and Mista again. Maybe Fugo really just needs time. But since that day in the orphanage, he never calls your name again.

A little bit sad.

"The casino?" Fugo finally looking at your way.

"They are really persistent," You confirm it, "It could be Giorno will need our help out there?"

You are not sure yourself. Giorno probably won't do it again. Just wanna check if Fugo still wants to be your partner. Or if he changes his mind. Anything.

"It could be," He finally said after a brief silence. Back to his book in his hands. You could see it's a science book this time. Something about atoms. Fugo likes it.

Not a bad response, it could be worse.

You spread your left arm on the desk, resting your head on it. You are considering whether you ask Giorno or keep quiet. This steady paperwork is not bad of course. Still, you like the time you spent while going out with him. It's fresh.

Now that you come to think of it both of you only meet in this mansion. Every day from seven to five. When it's time to eat lunch Fugo will refuse to go outside the room saying he is not hungry. So you go by yourself or sometimes even with Giorno and Mista.

"Fugo," You murmured.

"You call?" 

"What?" You jump in your seat, your back pressed against the backrest.

"You're the one who is calling my name," Fugo raising his eyebrow, "You okay?"

You blinks, didn't think Fugo would actually hear it.

"Ah, yes, I am hungry," You try to give it a go, "Wanna go somewhere to eat lunch.. with me?"

"I am not hungry yet,"

You decide to push it.

"You always saying that," You pouts, "Just go with me. Do you hate me that much?"

Fugo is not sure which one to focus on. Your cute pouty face of the fact that you think that he hates you. He wants to point it out, he doesn't hate you. But your face sure is distracting him from doing so. He doesn't even realize how his cheeks went pinkish for a second.

He sighs in defeat, "Sure, let's go."

It's actually this easy?

"Here, here, come on!"

Since this is your first lunch with Fugo you are happy so happy you couldn't contain it. Without you realizing it you have been dragging him since you left the mansion. Fugo was surprised at first and want to complain. But seeing you smile so happy just by being with him, even Fugo becomes weak. 

So, Fugo just lets you drag him. Obediently following you for a few minutes walk while listening to your blabbering about this secret dessert.

This is your favorite restaurant for years. You had Giorno and Mista to eat here with you too. Now that Fugo is here absolutely blew your mind.

You choose a table by the window in the corner, your usual table and it's thankfully empty. 

Right when you about to sit you realize you are holding something.  You raise your left hand. 

"How long I have been holding your hand?" You ask, in an embarrassing tone. You are letting go of his hand. Looking away from him.

"Since the first time," Fugo makes a small grin on his face. He decides to sit first.

"You could've told me," You squints at him, sitting down anyway, "Sorry for dragging you like that."

"Hmm," Fugo nods in satisfaction. Seeing your new expression earlier made him more relaxed.

You try to ignore your foolish act earlier and looking at the menu. 

"What will you have, Fugo?" 

"A black coffee,"

"No, you must eat too! How can you only eat once a day? No wonder you're so thin!" You exclaimed, none of you likes to have breakfast either. 

Fugo's eyes widened, "You don't like it?" 

"No," You say under your breath, looking down at the menu. Fugo is not necessarily thin. And he does have some muscles formed. And his red suits fit him just perfect.

"Hmm, I see," Fugo leaned back again. He's humming.

"But you have to try my favorite dessert later! They have it here and it's super delicious," You pointed a finger gun at him.

"I will,"

You finally decide on a mushroom risotto to satisfy your hunger. It is a little awkward for you to eat in front of Fugo but he assures you to go eat while he is slowly sipping his coffee.

After finishing your meal, you called the waiter to take your dirty plate and order the usual dessert for both of you.

"You seem to love this certain dessert very much," Fugo rests his chin on his right hand on the table, "the waiter even know it when you just said the usual."

"I always order it when I'm here," You explains, "I think dessert is a nice way to make you happy in the middle of the day."

"Not a bad way to think of it. I do like strawberry shortcake." 

"You will like this one also!" You confidently declares. 

Then the waiter comes and placing the desserts on your tables. Two cups of strawberry panna cotta with glistening strawberries on top of it.

"This is it," You smiles happily," I really love panna cotta. The strawberry one is always my favorite!"

Fugo's gaze fixed on the desserts in front of him. Then he looks at you whose innocently explaining your loves for strawberry panna cotta. He doesn't know how to react. This is really caught him off guard. Analyzing whether you're being serious or actually joking at him.

"What's up, Fugo?" You finally notice how Fugo been so quiet while you already eat the panna cotta, "Don't you like strawberry?"

"[y/n], are you being serious?"

"Why suddenly calling my name?" You tilt your head, "what is wrong with..-"

Fugo stares at you, you can't help but stares back. 

What is it? He is calling my name--

"Ah!" You gasp, covering your mouth with your hands. And you want to hide your must be super red cheeks from Fugo as well.

"Pannacotta," You whispers, "It's you."

"Pfft," Fugo chuckles, laughing so hard that you stare in awe. This is your first time hear him laughing like this. 

"Yes, it's me," Fugo says again, tears are forming by the end of his eyes.

You are very embarrassed right now. But seeing Fugo so happy like this made you feel much better. 

"I was right," You grins, "You're gonna like this one."