[5] Famiglia

It is been two days after your mission together with Fugo. You still don't believe Giorno didn't get angry at you. You did share your vision with him and another member that would chase them instead. Giorno said you have to rest but you refused it and decided to do the paperwork as usual. It is the same with Fugo.

Both of you are working in silence just like how it was a month ago. 

"You were calling some names when you passed out,"

"What?" Fugo suddenly speaks startled you. 

"When we were facing Mago," He said again," You were calling names like Clara, and Mario."

You blink.

Did I?

"You missed them?" You didn't expect this Fugo to say this. 

What is his intention?

"I don't know," 

"They're your little siblings, right? Giorno said you raised in an orphanage. Are they still there?"

"Yes, they are.. still there," You gulp, don't have any courage to face Fugo.

"Where is the orphanage?"

"It is still here in Naples,"

Fugo stand up, "Let's go visit them,"

You blink again.

"This is..," Fugo stands in disbelief of what is he seeing right now.

"I still visit them from time to time," You say ignoring Fugo and go down the crossbar, "Let's go to my room, they are there."

Fugo follows you quickly. Entering the old abandoned building.

You go to a small room in the backside of the building. The first room in the hallway. The door already collapsed, some of the wooden floors already busted, a broken bed and table. But there is one chair in the middle that still looks good.

You sit there as Fugo watching you from the doorway.

"This one on my lap is Clara, the second youngest," You explains, "the youngest is still a baby. Here are Mario and Marco, they are twins."

You keep talking. Introducing Fugo to all your little sweets siblings. Your little family. 

"I would sing to them at night after we are finished with the work. The work is really hard for them so I want to help. Then Soul Siren begins to appear. One time our work increased. We barely handle it. Some of them got sick. But, they still do it perfectly. They are very smart, right? So I sing. I hope we would live happily later. I want to give them peace."

Fugo still listening to you. Clenching his fists, biting his lip, staring at you at such sad eyes. You notice it well. But, you are still have something to tell him.

"I am not sure if you know this," You smile weakly at him, "this orphanage was actually run by the mafia. They made us do the work to make all the drugs. Every single day. Isn't it horrible?"

Fugo knows only a little.

"There was an orphanage that all the children's suddenly died in one room," Fugo brace himself to walk towards you, "it is said to be a curse and the orphanage was abandoned. The only thing which hasn't been resolved is that the supposed oldest children are vanishing until now. [your old name] was the name."

"It's been 14 years since I last hear that name," You chuckle ironically, "I ran away after I killed with Soul Siren. I sing them to sleep forever. But that is not what peace I wanted. I am still scared until now."

"[y/n]," Fugo kneels, holding your hands.

It is his first time calling your name. 

"You pity me?" You give him the best smile you can do right now, "I don't need your pity."

"I know," He admits, "Now I understand why you said that we are basically the same."

"Hmm, right. I still don't know your other stories though, Fugo."

"Can you tell me why you're telling me all this?"

"I wonder why," You cup his face. His face is as warm as the morning sunshine. 

"Maybe because I do pity you too."

Fugo holds his laugh, "I don't need your pity too."

"Seriously, why are we being like this?" You touching your brow with his.

It's the strawberry smells again.

"That time in Giorno's room when I hold your hand," 

Both of you say at the same time.

"Your hand was really warm."

After a little confession, both of you made yesterday, you and Fugo come on good terms with each other again. Fugo then telling you everything about what happened between him, Giorno, and Mista. He would stop from time to time. He would cry and you cry it with him. 

You asked him why would he avoid Giorno and Mista and vice versa. That is still the only thing he hasn't answer. You don't wanna force him to talk about it or forcing Soul Siren to read his memories. So, while you are here you are going to ask Giorno and Mista yourself.

"We are good now," You explain to Giorno and Mista about what happened, "Now I actually don't want to ask this again but why are you guys still avoiding each other?"

Giorno sigh, "You are quite a stubborn one just like him."

"You are not answering anything Giogio," 

"We are simply giving him the space he needs."

"We were bugging him too much about his loyalty," Mista shrugs, "We did apologize to him but he stills distancing himself."

"We do trust him," Giorno adds.

"Are you saying he still holds into the past?"

"It could be, maybe spending time with us only reminding him of what happened."

You pinch your brow, "I can't get mad at him with that kind of reason."

"Why not?" Mista raising his left hand with the other hand on his hip.

"Because I do it too."