Chapter 💌 2

❄❄❄Catalina❄❄❄

We arrived in Canada a little around afternoon and to say I was relieved would be an understatement of what I felt now. Freedom; that was what I felt.

The wonderful feeling had settled on me and I felt I could breathe well finally. We got our luggage and moved to a hotel where we would spend some days looking for a house to purchase.

We checked into two rooms,my parents in one and I in the other.

As I lay on the bed,collecting my thoughts I heard a knock on the door. There was a waiter outside bringing in room service ordered by my parents. I took the food from the door but before I closed the door,he said,
"Miss,someone dropped this letter for you."
I accepted it and closed the door curious of its contents. I read the words and dread washed over me,

Dear Catty,
I'm highly disappointed in you,my dear. How could you ever think of escaping from me?My eyes have always been on you and I'm even watching your moves now. Note this, you will never escape me. You are my prize and I will surely claim you.

I began panicking. Who wanted me dead and why? I then noticed the locket around my neck and I couldn't help but recall the memories ,

2 years ago

❄❄❄Catalina❄❄❄

"Jenna,Jenna, please hurry up. You've taking like forever to find a dress for the New Year's ball. Goodness, I swear, you're worse than my mum dressing up." I said irritated. I had already purchased my  gown,a white one to show my joy on my birthday and Susan also purchased hers,a dark blue coloured gown but Jenna was still searching for a dress for the past two hours.

"Jenna." I whined again.

"I'm done,here it is." She said holding a pretty cute pink gown.

"Wow girl ,that's definitely your style." Susan said with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Yeah,I agree but we have to get home soon." I said.

We left the mall and headed to our respective homes preparing for the countdown towards new year. We all met at the town square of Haven's avenue, where we all lived.
We had tons of fun,we danced ,we sang and we played lots of games.

We entered New Year with a display of fireworks. We all let out shouts of joy and I felt arms wrap around me.

"Happy birthday Catalina." My two partners in crime said as they hugged me.

"Thanks guys. I appreciate it."

"We both had  this made for you." They said handing me a small jewelry box.
I opened it and found a beautiful locket and earrings.