Epil 💌 ogue

❄❄❄Catalina❄❄❄
The pain I was going through was excruciating. It was like I was been torn apart.

"You're doing well Mrs Petrova, now push." The doctor said.

I grabbed Roland's hand tightly and pushed once more as a rippling contraction took over me. I couldn't anymore. I was too tired after being in this state for three hours straight.

"Mr Petrova your wife needs to undergo a c -section. She's too tired and keeping her like this could affect the baby." The doctor said again.

"Please do what's necessary for both of them to be safe." Roland said before releasing my hand and kissing it.

"You'll be fine." He said before I was ushered to the theater.

Anaesthesia was administered and soon I slipped into unconsciousness.

❄❄❄Roland❄❄❄

Calm down son,she's going to be alright. "Aunt Elena said as I paced down the hospital corridor.

I couldn't . I just couldn't. I was so nervous about being a father.
" Would I be a good father? Could I make my child happy? "My thoughts were interrupted when the theater doors opened and Catalina was wheeled to her room with our baby in a nurse's arms.

I took our baby carefully as Catalina and i had learnt from a baby website from the nurse when she got to us.
Our baby. Our little baby girl. She  had her mother's strawberry blonde hair and her eyes opened to show the same blue hue I got mesmerized in when I met Catalina.

She was her mother's replica.
" She looks like her mother. "I said as she tried to grab unto my hands.

" Yes she really does."
We were still fawning over the baby when we were informed that Catalina was awake.

"My baby." Were her first words as she reached out for her.

"My little baby. My little Esperanza." She said looking at the baby with love.

"Esperanza?"

"Yes Esperanza. She will be our hope in times of trouble."

And this is the future Catalina wished for, one with hope. One with little Esperanza.

The End.

Finally people. Birthday fever has come to an end. I hope you enjoyed the story.

Thank you all for giving this amateur teenager's book a thought and reading it. I really appreciate it.

And also a new book's coming up titled,The Wrong Girl.

I hope you'll give it a try.

With nothing more to say,now it's bye bye to birthday fever

See you soon.

Your girl,
Jodhar.

😘😘😘😍😍