Chapter 💌 8

❄❄❄Robert❄❄❄

I was in love with her. I really was. I was in love with Elena and I was going to tell her today. I'd gotten the support of Dominic and I was going to make a move today.

I had purchased a bunch of red roses for her. They're like the perfect flowers. But then imagine my surprise when I found her in Dominic's arms when I got to her place. I was so broken and to fuel the fire burning within Dominic just had to say this, "Elena and I are courting and we've decided to hopefully get married after college."

I was so raging inside. How could he do this to me? I trusted him and told him of my feelings but then he just had to stab me in the back.
I fixed a fake smile and congratulated them.

"Elena these are yours. I have somewhere to go. Good bye." I said before stepping out the the door.

I found myself at the Plaza, a drinking spot in town. I drank for the first time and it was all his fault. I was still drowning in my sorrow when a guy in a black hoodie approached me.

"It's a girl ,isn't it? I can help you reduce your pain."

"Whatever's haaa-pppe-nnni-ng t-t-to meee is not your damn  b-bb-u-s-i-nnnn-eeeee-ssssssss." I slurred.

"Well I can help you ease the pain. Have this." He said handing me a white powdery substance.

Cocaine.

I don't know why but I accepted it just to ease the pain and from that day I started using drugs.

❄❄❄Roland❄❄❄

We were currently at the police station; Aunt Elena, Aunt Mia and I. After I showed Aunt Elena what I'd seen, she refused to believe her husband did that.

"He loves Catalina so much. He also loved Timothy and me. He would never do anything to hurt me." She said as she cried.
My aunt stayed with her as I made my way to the police station with the book.

"We'll send people to scout the area for any sort of clues." The chief inspector said.

"Please officer, do everything you can to save my daughter. She's all I have left. I can't lose her." Aunt Elena cried.

"We'll do our best ma'am. Don't worry."

Oh goodness. I hope Catalina was alright. I'd make sure that man rots in jail for what he did to her,my sister and all those other people who died.

❄❄❄Robert❄❄❄

She had gotten married to him already and had their first child on New Year's day .Their daughter was three and they'd recently had a son. She was happy and for that I was happy but he didn't  deserve to be happy. Dominic didn't deserve to be happy after what he'd done to me and for that he must pay.

"I hope the job's been done. Make sure it will seem like an accident." I said through the phone.

"As you say boss."

Finally I would get rid of you, Dominic .

I got ready to visit Elena and her daughter Catalina opened the door.
I hated the kid so much. Though I also hated her brother, I hated her the most because she looked exactly like him,just like Dominic. Even though she got her mother's strawberry blonde hair,everything about her resembled her father's especially her blue eyes.

"Uncle Robert." She said as she jumped on me.

"Hi my dear." I cringed at my words,"how are you doing? "

"I'm very fine." I walked inside to see Elena burping her son.
"Hi."

"Hey Robert. How are you? Would you like anything to eat?" She asked.

"I'm fine."

We sat down and talked for moments until I got a notification on my phone. The job had been done. He was finally dead.

"Elena, let's watch some TV." I picked up the TV remote and placed it at a news station which was talking just about the incident.

"Such perfect timing." I thought.

"There has been a major car crash at the Delta highway and one of the involves, Mr Dominic Torez died on the spot." I immediately put off the TV and looked at Elena who was shaking as she just broke down.
Finally, Elena you'd be with me. The man you were supposed to be with before. I would comfort you and you'd fall in love with me.

❄❄❄Catalina❄❄❄

"And that's how your father died. Tragic, isn't it? " he chuckled.

"I would tell you how I killed your friends but then I think that's too much. After all I'm getting tired of you been here. Prepare yourself, you're gonna be dying soon." He proceeded to leave but I asked, "Why did you kill them. They were innocent. Why?"

"That's simple. I wanted to make you suffer and even if that meant killing innocent people I would because you're just like him. Exactly like him. You shouldn't live because you're his child and as long as you do,I will never be okay. You have to die so I can finally be with Elena in peace without nothing of your father being around. You remind her of him and that must end." He said leaving the room.

I had to get out of here. I couldn't let him win, not this time. I looked around for anything to help me escape but to no avail. As I sat there wondering I realized my hands were tied in front of me.

I hurriedly started using my teeth to untie the rope. It was difficult because I was very weak but eventually I did it. I then untied my feet and climbed through the only window in the room. I guess they hadn't realized the window pane was broken.

I run with all my might with fear in my heart. I had to find help. I run till I got to a little shop with a woman running it.

"Please lend me your telephone. It's really urgent."

One look at me and she gave it to me.

The call got connected and I could hear Roland's voice.

"Roland, it's me Catalina. Please help me. I've escaped."
"Catalina? Where are you? We'll be there soon. Just hold on."

I got the location from the woman and told him before disconnecting the call. I kept on running till I was too tired.
I was on the verge of breaking down when a loud bang was heard,followed by yet another.

Searing pain flooded me and I realized I'd been shot.

The last thing I heard before slipping into unconsciousness was the police sirens.

Woohoo. Another chapter is completed. What do you guys think of the chapter. Let me know at the comments section.

Do remember to also drop your votes .😀😀

Your girl,
Jodhar.

😘😘😘😍😍