Chapter 💌 3

❄❄❄Roland❄❄❄

Today was 20th December, five days away from the day . My birthday was almost there and finally I would turn twenty. I've been waiting for me to hit team twenty so I could finally get a girlfriend because my aunt literally banned me from having one till I got to twenty years. Like seriously?
I made my way through the mall chatting away on my phone when I bumped into someone.
She had caramel skin and beautiful strawberry blonde locks and extraordinary blue eyes and I was terribly mesmerized.

"I'm soo sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." She said.
"No worries. I'm Roland Petrova." I said stretching out my hand for a shake.
"Catalina Dawson."

"I know we just met,but then to apologize for bumping into you,I wanna ask if you would join me for coffee that is if you're alone." I said hoping she'd accept my proposal.

"Alright Roland." She said with a smile.

We walked towards the coffee shop chatting as if we were long time friends.
"So you're from California?" She asked.

"Yeah,my sister and parents live there. My sister Jenna and-"
"Jenna Petrova is your sister?" She asked fear evident in her eyes.

"Do you know her?" I quizzed.

With a shaky voice she said, "I killed your sister,Roland. Forgive me."

"What do you mean by that. Is my sister dead?" I asked, tears threatening to fall down my eyes.
She nodded yes and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. I left Haven's avenue when I was fifteen to study here in Canada and I'd been living with an aunt.
I couldn't believe my parents kept everything from me.

"You better explain whatever you said." I said while dragging her to the coffee shop.

I ordered black coffee and she ordered a latte and I gave her a look to start talking. After hearing everything she had to say, I was extremely shocked. Why would anyone wanna hurt such a beauty like her in such a terrible way? The thought of my sister's death settled in my mind and a sudden rage filled me.
"I will help you find the murderer." I promised to her and myself.

"Thank you."
We exchanged numbers and escorted her to the hotel she was staying in with her parents. Once she got inside, I asked for Matthew, the waiter who gave her the letter.

"Sir,you asked for me."

"Did you see the person who handed you the letter to give to Miss Catalina?"
I asked him.

"No S-S-Sir I didn't see who it was." His stuttering arose suspicion within me but I let it go.
"Alright, thanks for hearing me out." I said as I left the hotel but I didn't notice the pair of grey eyes staring at me intently.

❄❄❄The killer❄❄❄
"Matthew meet me in the park right now." I said through the mobile phone I had. Killing was a tedious act and I had to change phones so no one could track me.

"Sir I am very busy right-"I cut him off saying," If you want your little sister alive you better be here in twenty minutes."

Damn humans. They would do anything as long as there was a threat backing it.

A call interrupted my thoughts. "Sir ,we saw the girl with a boy at the mall today. He even escorted her to the hotel she is in." The voice said.

"I know. I saw them. I want every bit of information on that boy, understand?"

"Yes Sir." And with that the call ended.
"How nice. My dear Catty had made a new friend. How nice it would be to break her emotionally." I said to myself laughing hysterically.

"Sir,I am here." I heard Matthew say from behind me.
"What did that boy ask you at the hotel?"

"Sir he wanted to know who gave me the letter." He said fear evident in his eyes.

So now my dear Catty told this young guy about me. Oh well,now I have to resort to killing. I have to take action now.
I plastered a smile on my face as I walked towards Matthew and gave him a hug.

"I'm sorry man but I can't let you live to tell the story." And with that I snapped his neck and left his lifeless body in the park, not before quickly scribbling a letter as well for my dear Catty.

❄❄❄Catalina❄❄❄
I arrived at the hotel with Roland after the mall situation to be met by my mother and a bunch of policemen.
"Mum,what's wrong? Why are you crying?"
I asked her.

"Sweetheart, someone was killed. The waiter who apparently served you yesterday was killed and there was a letter addressed to you."

It was him. He killed the man and it was all my fault. I broke into sobs wondering why my life was this miserable. I saw a police man analysing the letter ,and approached him taking the letter from him.
Dear Catty,
Hi my dear. I don't like the initiative you took today about telling a random stranger about your poor miserable life. Someone had to pay for your mistake, so the waiter sacrificed hi his life for you. How touching. Don't let this happen again my dear else that boy will be next.

I knew he wasn't joking. If he killed an innocent man because I told someone else about my problems then he wouldn't hesitate to kill the person himself; Roland.

I couldn't allow that to happen,I had to stay away from him. Jenna may have died but I'll protect her brother.

I picked up my phone and sent him a text message,
"Roland,it was nice meeting you but if you value your life please stay away from me. I beg you." I blocked his phone number letting out a tired sigh.
A knock came from the door.
"Come in."

My mother came in and said, "Sweetheart we're leaving tomorrow so please pack your stuff. Your father has bought a house for us."

"Okay mum." I said as she left. I went towards the balcony of my bedroom and thoughts of suicide flooded my mind.

But I pushed them aside,I had a mission to accomplish, I had to expose the killer for all the misery he's caused to me and the families of the people he killed. That I would surely do no matter what.

Guys this is another chapter finished. I hope you liked it. Don't forget to send your thoughts and suggestions😁😁.

The picture above is of Jenna.

Your girl,
Jodhar.

😍😍😍😘😘