Chapter 💌 9

❄❄❄Catalina❄❄❄

I woke up to the smell of disinfectant and detergent. Hospitals. Turning my head I immediately felt pain in my shoulder making me wince.
A body immediately shifted on the sofa in the room and my eyes landed on Roland.

"Roland?" I called.

"Catalina.", he said as he came closer to me," I'm so glad you're okay. We thought you wouldn't make it."

"What happened? Was he caught?"
"When I got your call we were at the police station so I came with the police to the location you gave. I saw you looking all battered and bruised and to worsen the situation I saw him shoot you. I'm so sorry Catalina, I couldn't protect you."

"I'm alright, that's all that matters. Where's he now?"
He's been detained. The police will need your statement but for now take some rest."

I finally let out a relieved sigh.
I finally got justice for my brother and all those who that . Finally I would be free.

For the next five weeks I was in the hospital with Roland and my mum taking shifts to take care of me. The police had come for my statement and the book Roland gave them was solid evidence against him.

Today was his trial. We were all present. Facts had been pointed out and it was my turn to speak as the major victim of his acts.

Saying all I knew from my brother's death to my kidnapping was tearing my heart to pieces. It pained me a lot that the man I saw as my father could do this to me but he had to pay. He had to.

The trial ended and he was found guilty and sentenced to a life imprisonment in some isolated prison at God knows where.

Before leaving he said to me,"You think you've won but watch your back. This isn't over."

His words had no effect on me. I had passed that phase in my life.
I would no longer be afraid because my fear had finally been extinguished.
As I walked out of the court,i glanced at the clear blue sky.
This was how my future was going to be,just as the clear blue sky and it would remain that way.

7 years later.

Today was the 18th of July. Today is like any normal day,right?
But today isn't just any day,it's a very special day for me. When I reflect on all that happened from my mournful years I never expected all this. I never expected to be this happy.

I never expected to fall in love and get married to Roland, my Roland. After everything that happened, he was with me and I don't know how but I just fell in love with him and today we are going to tie the knot.

As I stood in front of the full length mirror in my wedding gown,an off shoulder gown I couldn't help but be thankful for all that's happen.

I guess it's true what they say,"Stories with sad beginnings often have happy endings

I guess it's true what they say,"Stories with sad beginnings often have happy endings. "

"Catty dear,are you ready?" My mum asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be."
Though in the car,I was getting goosebumps and now I'm standing in front of him.

"Catalina Torez ,do you take Roland Petrova to be your lawfully wedded husband. To have and hold from this day onwards,for better or for worse ,in sickness and in health ,in riches and in poverty till death do you part?" The priest said.

"I do father." I said as I slipped the silver ring onto his finger.

Do you Roland Petrova ta-"

"I also do father." He also said cutting the priest of and slipping the ring onto my finger which earned us tons of laughter from the congregation and a playful glare from the priest.

"Well then with the power vested in me,I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."
Locking my lips with his, we shared a kiss and walked out the church, our eyes set on the future, our future.

Hii lovelies. This is another chapter of Catalina's story. I bet you didn't expect such a twist with her and Roland, did you?😉😉

Anyways, this is the last but one chapter of this book.(I'm sniffling right now)

The epilogue is next. I hope you'll also enjoy that chapter. Till then....

Your girl,
Jodhar.

😍😍😍😘😘