Chapter 💌 7

❄❄❄Catalina❄❄❄

"You?"

"Yes my dear Catty. I'm the beloved killer. I'm the one who killed those people. I'm the one who wrote all those letters to you. I'm the one whose made your life so pathetic and miserable. It was all me,my dear." He said laughing hysterically.

"Why would you do this? What did I ever do to you? What did all those people do to you? Why? Just why?"

"Oh my dear,let me tell you a beautiful story. Once upon a time there lived three friends, Dominic, Elena and obviously moi. We'd been best friends since college . I was a gangster and a drug dealer and I still am. I was hopelessly in love with Elena and I planned to tell her. With Dominic being both our friends I told him of my feelings but then he turned out to be a backstabbing jerk. He took my Elena from me. He made her fall in love with him and after college they got married. I was so mad, I believe I even went crazy. But my rage worsened when you were conceived and to make matters worse you look exactly like your father. I've hated you since your birth and I still do. Though I have what I want now,it still isn't enough. You have to join your father in heaven or hell or wherever your miserable soul will go to. How nice this is,I killed the father and I'm about to kill the daughter." The laughter started again.

I couldn't stop crying. He killed my father. I was just 3 and Timothy was only a baby. The car accident wasn't even an accident, it was a murder. My father was murdered brutally by a psychotic man. He was absolutely crazy and delusional. I wouldn't make him win. He might kill me but I'd make sure not to cower in fear.

"You might have killed my father but my mother's heart will never be yours. You may be her husband now Robert Dawson but she will never love you like she loved him." The sound of a smack filled the room.

"Never talk to me in that manner,silly girl. I hold your life. You better behave else I'll cut those lips of yours with a pair of scissors." He said pulling my hair tightly before shoving my head roughly and leaving the room.

My stepfather was the murderer and I had to get out of here as soon as possible.

❄❄❄Roland❄❄❄

The countdown was finally over. She was finally 18. I don't know why but these few days I've spent with her have awakened some feelings within me. Could I be falling for the strawberry blonde haired,blue eyed broken girl? The one who had gone through such traumatic experiences?

I walked through the people gathered searching for the familiar red dress but I couldn't spot it anywhere. I asked those around if they'd seen her but they replied in the negative.

Where could she be?

"Aunt Elena I can't find Catalina anywhere." I said when she came up to me.

"Can you please check our house for me. She has a spare key,she may have gone back home. Here are my set of keys." I took them and walked briskly towards her house. What if the killer had gotten to her? The thought alone twisted my heart in pain and I made it my goal to protect her.

The house seemed unoccupied when I got inside.
"Catalina?" I called but no one answered. I started moving through the house calling out her name till I got to an opened door. I know I shouldn't have but them my curiosity got the best of me and I entered the room and switched on the lights.

Inside where various papers scattered on the table. None of them had me wanting to look at them but a particular book caught my eye.

It was titled,What should be mine!

"Weird. "I thought as I started reading its contents.

I was shocked but what shocked me the most was what was written at the last page,

She will die very soon. Dominic's offspring shall die on the same day she came into this world. She will meet me today at the secluded area of the park and I shall finish what I started.

Catalina will die on New Year's day,this I promise myself.

Signed,
Robert Dawson.

Mr. Dawson was the killer and Catalina was in danger. I wouldn't let that happen. I took the book and sped out the house.

I will save you Catalina.

❄❄❄Catalina❄❄❄

I woke up to the creaking of the door. It was him,the bastard was here again to torture me again. I was already bruised from his rounds of kicks,slaps and punches. I guess he was here to do it again.

"Oh you're awake. I was thinking of  well hurting you but then you need to know somethings before I send you to the grave.

So listen,

❄❄❄Robert❄❄❄
A couple of years ago

Finally I was successfully in college. I bet Mama would be proud of me.

Now where was that guy,Dominic? I knew we were in the same college but then I couldn't find him anywhere.

Walking through the crowds of people, I bumped into someone and well as it normally goes ,it was a female and before she could hit the floor I caught her in my arms.

She had pretty strawberry blonde and a beautiful pair of hazel coloured eyes which I instantly got mesmerized with.

" I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you. I'm just in a hurry."she rambled.

"That's alright. I wasn't paying attention either and I'm Robert." I said flashing a cool smile.

"Elena."

"Why not let us grab some coffee as a sort of apology?" I asked hoping she'd say yes.

"Well I'm also at fault but then it doesn't really matter. Let's go."

And this is how my friendship with Elena began until he came by and took her away.

Heyyyyaaa lovelies. This is another chapter of Catalina's story. Hope you loved it.

Let me know your thoughts on the chapter and also drop a vote if you love Catalina's     strong personality even in her situation.

Your girl,
Jodhar.

😍😍😍😘😘