5. Sunflowers

TW: depression.

Different than what I usually do, but I hope you like it<3

---

Ever since Perrie remembers herself, she has been obsessed with flowers. Her dad was a botanist, and used to take her hiking every time he had a day off. They would stop to look at every plant and insect, and her father always found something to admire about these, and would teach her everything he knows. Perrie listened, of course. She loved spending one on one time with her dad. However, she was less interested in the science behind it. While her father talked, she would pick flowers and put them in her hair, sometimes tuck them behind her ear.

Today, at the age of twenty seven, Perrie is considered one of the best wedding florists in her area. She loves getting to celebrate love on a daily basis, to be a part of a couple’s most memorable day. As if that wasn’t enough, that is also how she met her wife, Jade. Perrie had heard Jade’s name in the past, but didn’t get to actually meet her until seven years ago, at two of Perrie’s closest friends, Leigh-Anne and Andre’s wedding. It was a phenomenal night, both because Leigh-Anne wanted it all to be perfect and because it was so personal to Perrie. After months of planning, everything progressed flawlessly during the reception. That’s until the ceremony was about to start, and it was brought to Perrie’s attention that one of the photographers is missing. It was no other than Jade, the one who’s known for being incredibly skilled, and the one who charges the most per night due to how talented she is.

Needless to say, Perrie was furious. All of the guests seemed to have a good time, but the ceremony had to be postponed in fifteen minutes, and Perrie wanted nothing more than for Leigh-Anne and Andre’s night to go smoothly. She looked for Jade everywhere, not knowing what she looked like but searching for a girl with a camera. She ended up finding her at the bridal suite, talking on the phone. At the time, Perrie didn’t notice the tears in Jade’s eyes. All she cared about was getting Jade to where she was needed to be. She raised her voice at Jade, telling her how unprofessional it is of her to sneak into the bridal suite and miss the most important part of the night. Jade hung up the phone, picked up her camera and apologized about a thousand times as she followed Perrie towards the already seated guests.

About a month later, Leigh-Anne and Andre got their wedding photos back. Perrie could tell which photos Jade took, and which ones were taken by the other photographers. Perrie was never specifically interested in photography, but the way Jade captures moments through the lense feels different, more honest somehow. She definitely realized why Jade has such a rich resume and why her schedule is always full. She instantly felt bad for treating her the way she did, got her number through a friend in the field and called to apologize. Even on this short talk, she noticed how Jade’s humor is just like hers. They started talking casually, and eventually created their own business as a duo. Couples would hire them both, Perrie as a florist and Jade as a photographer, for a cheaper price compared to booking them both separately. They used each other’s positive reputations as a way to gain recognition, and it worked well for both of them.

Since their business was taking off, Jade and Perrie had to spend more time together. They got to know each other through stressful situations and also through peaceful nights. Most importantly, they always had each other to count on when anything would go wrong. 

They fell in love slowly. Jade didn't want to mix her love life with her work, but at some point, she understood she doesn't have a choice. It was fate for her and Perrie to be together, and there was nothing she could do about it. As soon as she was ready to love and be loved, Perrie embraced her with open arms. They got engaged five years later, and married that summer. Their wedding even made one or two headlines at the last page of local newspapers. It resembled a fairy tale, and people connected to it easily.