Zombieland - Prologue

"C'mon, you fat son of a bitch," I hissed, gripping my hands tighter around the bloodstained axe.

"Gurgh Arrgghh," It groaned, a sickly grin appearing on it's rotting face from ear to ear revealing a set of repulsive yellow teeth; half of them missing. Greenish tinged saliva oozed from his mouth and dribbled down his torn overalls.

"My god you're an ugly bastard, aren't you George? Really let yourself go. Maybe that's why Carol left you, so you resorted to praying on your employees- including my little sister," I snarled. "I don't want to seem like a bad person here, but I've been fantasizing about this for a long time."

George groaned impatiently and began to stumble towards me, his arms flopping around rather uncontrollably and knocking over all the food on the shelves.

I roared and took off my axe by my side, running at each other as if jousting. In the few last moments before we collided, I skidded on the edge of my converse under his left, came up behind him and swung the axe around bringing his head clean off.

The 400 pound mass collapsed and the head flew through the air and rolled, stopping right next to a jar of Nutella..

And there, right there, in aisle 5, was where George's life ended.

Technically where his reanimated corpse's life ended; because after George was attacked and turned into a zombie he wasn't really George anymore, but a blood thirsty and angry rotting dead man.

A walker, zombie, appocalyptic demon sent from hell, diseased, brain eating monster or my personal favourite, the murderous walking potato. Whatever you wanted to call it, whether you thought it was science or religion, there was one thing that was certain.

That whatever was spreading was spreading fast and all across America, maybe the world for all we knew, and it was killing people. That this, insanity, was leading people to eat each other.

And if you wanted to survive, it was kill or be killed.

My name is Bonnie, and welcome to Zombieland.