11. Debts, Bargains, and Bounties

" You're so interesting, Odasaku."

" So are you, (Y/N) (L/N). I thought that the Port Mafia was your first job. Did you pick up a different language on your way there?"

The girl put her hands behind her head," No actually. I knew a couple French phrases, but besides that I never spoke anything else. My enemies used to call me the Japanese cat." The two were told to go to a port ship and overlook the workers that moved crates filled with weapons to a storage room. " Japanese cat?," Oda questioned.

(Y/N) sighed," Yeah. I frankly don't understand it either, but I might've looked kind of weird in front of my father's handymen. I was higher ranked anyways, being the daughter of the boss and all." The man in front of her hummed and continued to look forwards, a peaceful silence between the two.

They'd turn to corner, before pausing in their tracks. The dead corpses of workers stopped them. They weren't just normal workers, they were under the mafia as well. " What the hell..?," the girl muttered under her breathe, a hand on the gun in her back pocket.

" Ah... I see.," slipped out of (Y/N)'s lips.

Oda's heartbeat slowed, feeling himself see a scenario of (Y/N) being shot in the eye. However, he didn't make a move, knowing that she'd be smart enough to dodge the bullet. After all, she did acknowledge a figure near them.

(Y/N) moved her head to the side, the bullet piercing a couple strands of her (H/C) hair. " Hi~ Ryou," she mocked," Decided to stop being a runaway coward, huh?" The man in front of them lowered his gun," So the doll gained some confidence?"

She lowered her gun too," I just have the intent to kill you is all. Give it up, we're near the sea. You're at a disadvantage." Ryou chuckled," You could kill me here, or..." he snapped, footsteps emerging from the side," This seems a little more fun."

Shots were fired left and right. However, (Y/N) was fast enough to pull water from the sea and make a shield of ice. " Odasaku!," she shouted, catching the attention of the man next to her," That was my father's right hand man. He might be getting away, I can get rid of these men in the meantime." Oda nodded," You sure you'll be ok?" She turned around," We're near water, I can kill them with ice."

The barrier of the ice started to crack," Go!" The barrier shattered into pieces, making the gunshots stop. " It's been a while, hasn't it?," (Y/N) said with a sly smile. It wasn't one of happiness, but rather out of madness.

slash

" You know what happens when you try to defy your superior, right?~"

After some time, the girl had been met with Oda. " Odasaku," the girl said blankly," Did you find him?" He shook his head," I'm afraid not, but I did find this under a stone on the ground." It was a little game of x marks the spot. It was obvious that Ryou wanted her there, but it was to lure her into a trap.

" He's here," she spoke, making Oda hum in confusion," My father. He wants me here. I'll discuss at the bar, but for now I can contact an executive."

--

The bar was awkwardly silent in between the four people. (Y/N) hadn't spoken a single work, her expression seeming almost unreadable, but to Dazai, she was obviously stressed. " Love," his exotic voice rang in her ears," Sit down, will you?"

(Y/N) sighed, knowing that he was right. She placed a stool in front of the three. Ango leaned, having no idea what was going on," What is it?" At this point, he'd known enough of (Y/N)'s past to understand why she could be on edge.

slam

The girl set the piece of paper down on the counter with a hard slam. Dazai picked it up with his finger, pulling it to his face. " So that Ryou kid wants to lure you in with your father as bait?," he said, another hand placed on his chin. " Ryou Tanaka," Ango spoke," He lived as a delinquent in Suribachi city before being taken under your father's wing."