CHAPTER ONE

Ellias'POV

They said that silence couldrepresent a lot of things.

It could mean happiness, aswhen an individual's heart was overwhelmed with bliss that wordsweren't enough to describe what he felt.

It could mean melancholy, aswhen the outrage was insufficient to express one's sorrow and pain.

Silence could also meanoverwhelming fear, as when one's body couldn't even dare to speak outof fear in his life.

I looked at the figures thatwere kneeling in front of me. Some of them had their bodies shakingwhile the others' backs were covered with sweat. All of them were sosilent as they carefully touched their foreheads on the ground.

All of them looked like...ants.

Inside my heart, a desireslowly crept in. These little things who were in front of me...wouldn't they crush by just a lift of my finger?

Their lives were soinsignificant. I could play with them however I wanted.

The feeling in my hearttraveled throughout my body. My eyes turned cold as I gently tappedthe arms of my throne.

The ants in front of me musthave realized that I already decided on their fates as the shaking oftheir bodies intensified.

"Last night in mysleep, I saw thousands of red flowers blooming in my courtyard."

"How beautiful it was, Ithought." My soft voice traveled across all four corners of thecourt.

I slightly squinted my eyesand lazily leaned my head as I watched my subject's hearts go intodisarray.

"I want to see thisview again."

This was an ominousstatement. The corners of my lips lifted as I saw their tremblingbodies in front of me. It seemed as if... death was looming aroundthem, waiting for its scytheto fall.

"Come. Paint everycorner of my court with red." I softly smiled as I sentencedeveryone to their deaths.

Immediately, rows and rowsof men in armor entered the court and drew their swords against thepeople who were kneeling. In just a manner of seconds, horrifyingscreams of terror resounded throughout the big hall.

I couldn't help but start tolaugh. This magnificent scene was very amusing!

"Cu--cut! CUT! CUT!!!"

A loud shout distracted mythoughts. I blinked and looked at the director who stood up from hischair as he tried to stop the scene. His face was full of excitementas if he just saw a spectacular scene.

Slowly, the actors woke upfrom their acting. Some of them were having a hard time returning toreality as fear and terror still emanated from their faces.

I stood up from the throneand started to walk at the side of the set. I saw how one actorstumbled on his feet as he hurriedly went out of my way.

I felt countless eyescaressing my body as I crossed the hall to get to my designatedresting place. I know that they wanted to approach me to start aconversation. However, I never had the urge of talking with others.In a way, I kept my distance with everyone even though socializingwas one big factor in my choice of employment.

I was an actor.

It was not my intent tostart acting. However, acting was the first thing that made mefeel... alive.

You see, I couldn't feelemotion.

When I was young, I sawother kids laugh when they were happy and cry when they were sad.Oftentimes, I saw them easily get excited about little things.