Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

The lady was like arefreshing cool wind in the middle of scorching heat. Her blonde hairlooked like gold as it swayed when she walked. The heels of her shoesmade clicking sounds as she made her way to the stage with fullconfidence.

I noticed it right away.

Every movement of the ladymanaged to rouse my full attention.

She stopped in the middle ofthe stage and her eyes surveyed everyone before she gave a small nod.Unfortunately, she did all of these without meeting my eyes again.

"Good morning to all. I amViolet Hale." Her voice was clear and cool without a hint ofemotion. With just two sentences, she finished introducing herself.Nevertheless, it had more impact compared to the other two beforeher.

So her name was Violet.How fitting. Ilooked into her eyes and stared at her lilac eyes.

"Good morning, Miss Hale!We are ready for you." I heard the director answer with an excitedvoice. Violet nodded and closed her eyes to prepare for herperformance.

The empress in the scriptwas an adorable angel who gave all of her heart to others. She was aprincess from another country who was sent to the evil tyrant as apresent. Everyone thought that she would be made a slave, or worse,immediately be killed. However, the emperor was surprisingly smittenby her.

People said that theopposite attracts. The princess was like a clean white sheet, withouteven a speck of dirt on it. On the contrary, the emperor was a pureblack cloth which couldn't be affected by any other light. However,he was attracted by her light. Thus, he surprised everyone when heannounced that he would marry the princess and make her his empress.

The empress was a pureangel. She accepted everything that her husband gave her and stilltried to love him, with everything that she had. In the end, shebecame the only light in his life. Unfortunately, she was afflictedwith an incurable disease that took her life barely a year after theywere married. Filled with hatred and the desire to take revengeagainst life, the evil tyrant started to reign the ultimate terrorover all the lands.

The empress was a sweet,adorable, and a pure angel. It was different from the regal woman whowas standing with confidence in the middle of the stage. I narrowedmy eyes in anticipation of the performance that she would give.

It took her a couple ofseconds, but when Violet opened her eyes, they were already filledwith sorrow, helplessness, and despair.

For the first time in mylife, I felt my heart skip a beat as I stare at the raw emotions inher eyes.

Ever since I was a child, Iwas never affected by the emotions of another person. My fingersslightly trembled upon my realization as I focused my eyes on thewoman who was in the middle of her performance.

I read the script and knewthat she was performing the act when the emperor learned of herdisease. She wanted to keep it from him. But, the doctors and hernurses were under the complete control of the tyrant. There couldnever be a secret that could be hidden from him.

Violet's lips trembled asshe opened them to speak. However, no words came out of her mouth.Thus, she just took a deep breath and slowly smiled. Her smile wasbeautiful and sweet. It was like looking at a beautiful flower thatslowly bloomed. Unfortunately, her eyes were filled with sorrow andpain.

Her expression struck mestraight to my heart.

"A few moons back, I gaveyou my heart. I told you... you owned it, with my body and soul."Her voice was so soft, unlike her previous cold voice.

"I wanted to follow youand be by your side... forever."

"However, my body iswithering." She spoke so gently as a single tear ran down herlovely face.

"Will you... still, acceptme like this?" Violet held her frail body with her two arms. Sheresembled a small, withering flower that refused to bend.

At that moment, I suddenlyhad the urge to walk over and bring her in my arms.

However, Violet blinked andher eyes immediately turned impassive. She wiped the tear on her faceand stiffly bowed down to her audience. Instantly, the weak and sweetgirl was gone.

Right away, I heard soundsof clapping vibrate inside the room.

"Excellent! Miss Hale,that was a fantastic performance! We will send you a notice for theresult right away after the auditions are done." The director stoodup and went over the center stage to shake her hand.

"Alright," Violetreplied before she said goodbye. Like her introduction, her farewellwas quick. In a couple of seconds, she was gone from the room.

The directors and theproducers started to loudly discuss Violet's performance beforethey asked for the next auditionee. However, at that time, I knewthat the reason why I was in the room had ended.

"Choose her," I spokeslowly and with a clear voice.

 "Violet Hale... Chooseher."