Chapter 10: Sports Festival Part 1

Enjoy the chapter!

  Izuku was currently running for his life. The sports festival had begun, and present Mic had just announced the robo inferno. Due to the large crowd of students, Izuku was holding back significantly.

  As a robot almost swatted him, he decided to shadow jump into first place.

  He leapt out of Todoroki's shadow with his sprinting velocity intact, he launched himself forward, overtaking Bakugo and Todoroki, but found himself falling into a pit.

  "W-wha??" He exclaimed, limbs flailing.

  He cannoned towards the shadow on the floor of the pit, once again launching himself across the obstacle course. He sailed over a large, open field, covered in patches of disturbed dirt.

  "WHAT IS THIS?? CLASS 1A'S IZUKU MIDORIYA IS FLYING FAR AHEAD OF FIRST PLACE?? WHEN DID HE GET SO FAR AHEAD!??" Present Mic screamed through the microphone.

  Izuku smirked as he crash landed into the floor of the stadium, sliding a few meters before slowing to a stop.

  He sat up grinning, and the audience cheered.

  All Might stood from his seat, applauding the young hero.

  After a few minutes, Katsuki and Todoroki crossed the finish line. They were soon followed by the rest of the students.

  Midnight stood on her podium, the wheel spinning behind her.

  "And the second event will be... A cavalry battle!" She said.

  "You will group up into teams of 3 or 4, one rider, the rest the horses. You will have a headband of the combination of points you earned during the race. Last place gets 5 points, second to last gets 10 and so on. The only exception is first place, who gets.. ten million points!"

  Immediately, the rest of the students faced Izuku, all thinking the same thing.

  *If you get the ten million.. you win the event!*

  "You have 15 minutes to form teams and prepare!" Midnight said.

  Izuku looked around, struggling to find anyone who wanted to be on his team.

  "Izuku!"

  Izuku turned to find the source of the bubbly voice.

  "Let's team up!" Ochako said.

  Izuku smiled at his friend.

  "Are you sure? Everyone will be after my ten million points.." he said.

  Ochako just smiled brightly.

  "It's better to team up with people you get along with, right?"

  Izuku nodded, looking around once more.

  "I have a plan, but we'll need a few people.."

  Later, once every team was formed, Izuku, Ochako, Hatsume from the support department, and Tokoyami all stood ready. Izuku was the rider, Tokoyami in front, Ochako and Hatsume as the back horses.

  "Everybody ready?" Izuku asked.

  "Yep!"

  "Of course!"

  "We are."

  The horn sounded to signal the start of the event.

  Every team immediately came for Izuku's headband.

  Izuku grinned, jumping off of his teammates and into his own shadow, launching himself around the field, bursting out of his opponent's shadows and retreating through his own.