Chapter 13: Stain

Izuku frowned.

   "Wannabe? I think any student is a wannabe hero. You know, like the student you were about to kill." He said.

  Stain growled.

  "He is unworthy of the hero name.. this young Ingenium came with the intent to kill, to get revenge. No hero should act that way. And so, I will purge him." The hero killer said.

  Izuku scoffed.

  "Iida is a student. That means he's still learning. He's a child. Children are influenced all the time, and change all the time. You can't judge him on this single mistake. We're only human. Even All Might makes mistakes. You put him on a pedestal too high for anyone to reach! It's no wonder you see everyone else as unworthy. If All Might is the bar by which you measure everyone, then no one will ever be worthy! He's number one for a reason!"

  Stain paused.

  "Please Izuku, just run! Don't risk your life because of my error!!" Tenya said.

  "Meddling where you're not wanted is the essence of being a hero. If I left you now, I could never be a real hero. Never!" Izuku said.

  "You are worth keeping alive.. step aside, I don't want to kill a worthy hero. If you get in my way, I will kill you." Stain told him.

  Izuku scowled at the killer, taking a ready stance.

  "I refuse to move."

  Stain grinned. "You really are worthy of the hero name."

  He dashed forwards, his blades slicing through the air towards Izuku.

  The vampire ducks beneath the blade, grabbing the killer's arm and yanking him forwards.

  The killer stumbles, leaping to the side, away from the vampire's claws.

  Izuku dashes forwards, grabbing one of the killer's blades and throwing it aside. The blood on his palm is sucked back into the wound as it heals.

  The killer scowled, retreating away from the vampire once more.

  Izuku moved to stand between Tenya and Stain.

  "Most heroes are all talk, but you have the skill to back up your beliefs." Stain said.

  Izuku opened the pouch at his hip, taking out a blood bag and draining it quickly.

  Stain leaped forwards, bouncing off of the walls as he approached.

  Izuku stood still, watching stain leap around him.

  "You're like a discount Gran Torino." Izuku said, nailing Stain in the chest with an explosion.

  "And Gran Torino knows he can't beat me. The discount version won't last much longer." Izuku's eyes glowed crimson, blood dripping from his fangs. A horrific grin spread across his face.

  Stain took a step back, a shiver passing through his body.

  The next few moments happened almost instantaneously. Izuku charged forwards before Stain could even blink, punching the killer square in the face.

  The killer reeled back, leaving his midsection wide open for another strike.

  Izuku blasted his stomach with an explosive punch, throwing the killer into the alley wall.

  *Bloodbloodblood*

  Izuku was shaking, saliva dripping from his open jaws.

  "Bloodbloodblood.." he muttered lowly.