PTSD

"Hey, Mr. Stark, can you hear me, this is Peter?" it escaped his throat as he knelt beside him. Tony looked at him with empty eyes. His right hand, part of his chest and face were disfigured. The metal from the Iron-man's suit was baked to his body. The stones were destroyed, Thanos and the army turned to ashes. "Hey... we won," the boy said, but his mentor could barely hear him. "Mr. Stark. We won, Mr...." he repeated again, but in his voice was bitterness, crying. They won because his hero sacrificed himself. His throat gripped, his eyes burned, he felt like he his body was in fire and cold at the same time. No, no, no... no! He screamed desperately in his mind. The blue light in Tony's chest flickered and then went out for forever.

He felt Mrs. Stark take him by the shoulder. He looked at her through teary eyes. Her blond hair was splayed in all directions, her face scratched and dirty. She gave him a kind but sad smile. "It's your fault."

"What, what did you say?" Peter at first was unable to understand what she said.

"It's your fault," she repeated calmly. Her words seemed to Peter as if Clint had shot him in the heart with an arrow. She was right; it was to be him, who snapped his finger. He should have been better if he had been like Tony had always wanted, maybe he would still be alive. Maybe Pepper wouldn't lose her husband, maybe Morgan wouldn't lose her father, and maybe the world wouldn't lose a genius inventor and Iron-man.

"I know," he whispered. But as soon as he said that, he felt the ground beneath him begin to crumble. He began to sink somewhere into the black depths. He tried to catch by cobwebs, but he had just run out refill to web-shooters. He shouted desperately.

***

He woke up sweaty with his heart beating the race. It took him a moment to calm down, realizing where he was and that he wasn't the one screaming. He wasn't obviously the only one bothered by nightmares. Alex writhed on the next bed with a terrible moan. Peter shook his head, but finally got up and walked slowly to his roommate.

"Hey, man, wake up. It's just a dream," he said, carefully grabbing Pleasure by the shoulder to shake him and wake him.

The effect was immediate. Alex winced and he tried to hit him by one punch from karate. Not having a spider's agility, Peter was sure, that Alex would hit him.