Duty

Corridor in front of Dr. Connors's office was full of students, which stamping nervously, talking quietly to each other, feverishly flipping through the notes, hoping they they quickly engrave something in their memory. The exam period means a sea of stress, uncertainty and duties for students and cantors. This group of students was lucky; they were those who had already passed the written test. Nevertheless they still hadn't won; the final oral exam awaited them.

Peter Parker sat, like many others from the group of students, on the steps beside the cabinet door. He didn't look at the notes from the lectures, instead staring at his roommate standing by the wall opposite him. His mind wasn't preoccupied with biochemistry; he kept thinking his conversation with Fury. Although he confirmed Alex's cooperation with the CIA, he expressed some surprise that this particular man is still available. For some strange reason, boss S.H.I.E.L.D. had the impression that Pleasure, or Agent Rider, had already ended his espionage career. "If I knew it wasn't so strict with his departure, I would definitely try to persuade him to come to us," he said to the young superhero, but Peter wasn't sure if this information had particularly reassured him.

Door of Dr. Connors's office opened and Harry Osborn came out. All the classmates in the hallway gathered around him and began interrogation. "So what?" "What did he ask?" "Did you pass?" "In what mood is he, is he ok?" they overwhelmed him with questions.

The son of the famous businessman just shrugged. "Yeah, he's pretty nice, but I didn't pass. In sum, I'll have to go on the third try, or try a Jedi mind trick in the study department: Credits will do fine," he waved, imitating a scene from a famous film series. Harry wasn't the right type of study. He was one of those who didn't care about school, but at least he seemed relaxed in a constantly good mood, and not succumbs to depression from failure. That was quite pleasant; on the other hand, it didn't particularly surprise anyone that the young Osborn had to take the test again.

"Such a trick would be useful at university," brunet standing to the right three steps from Peter agreed with Harry.

"Yeah, or being able to read the mind like Scarlet Witch," said one of the girls.

"Or the ability to make duplicates. It would be an incredibly good time saver, one self would learn, whiles the other watching a popular series," meant another student.

"Superheroes have it very simple, they don't even realize it. They can solve half of things with their abilities," brunet spoke again.

"I don't think so. Maybe the heroes have an easier normal life than us, on the other hand they have to face all those terrible criminals. If I had to face to Loki or Thanos, I would be fucked afraid," Harry admitted with a laugh.

The discussion in the hallway was in friendly and unserious tone, but only until Alex spoke. The depth of his voice showed that he took the debate quite serious. No, I don't think people with abilities have a duty to help others and go against equally powerful criminals just because they can. They certainly have no greater duty than the rest of us. However, why not ask an expert?" Peter flicked a warning look at Pleasure, but the spy continued. The others blinked in confusion. "What can you tell us about this, Mr. Parker, a former employee and close friend of Tony Stark's?"

At that moment, everyone looked back at Peter in shock, and he just wanted to strangle his roommate. Maybe working for Stark Industries and getting to know Iron Man wasn't secret, but he didn't intend to spread it all over the university. However, he had to keep a cool head and calmly answer Alex's question.

"Mr. Stark wouldn't agree with you. He may have been a billionaire with a bohemian lifestyle, but he was also a man who sacrificed himself for others. Closing our eyes to the evil, which we are able to stop, is the same sin as approving these crimes. Logically, a person with supernatural powers can handle and has more potential to stop evil than an ordinary mortal. So with great power comes great responsibility." That's what you're thinking and why, according to Fury, you're retired. Do you think that you aren't responsible for what is happening around you!? He also wanted to add and discuss it with the spy. But now was not the time. Not in front of that line of witnesses.