four | eyes like the night sky

"Wow! There it is!" Gon beamed while jumping and pointing to the whale-shaped island on the horizon.

You stood next to Killua as Alluka peeped over the side of the ship with her big baby blue eyes. She gasped in amazement as she took in the island. You couldn't help but adore her. This girl that you met only a few days before...reminded you a lot of yourself. Killua and Gon told you about how Alluka had been stuck inside the Zoldyck estate at Kukuroo Mountain for most of her life because of her abilities. While they didn't abuse her, you believed that not letting her outside was an abuse in itself.

"Are you excited to see the island, Alluka-chan?" You asked the shorter girl.

She looked up at you with the biggest smile, "Yeah!"

You could tell that she was as excited to see the world as you were.

...

Gon waved furiously as he sprinted up the hill to his house.

"Mito-san! Mito-saannn! I'm home, Mito-san!"

You chuckled at his enthusiasm as you trailed behind him with Killua and Alluka. As you reached the top of the hill, you could see a familiar brick house with a laundry rack posted on the side of it. You could see and smell the ocean from the top of the hill. It was just as you remembered, so beautiful and serene.

"Gon!" Mito burst as she ran from the house and embraced him. Mito-san looked the same as you remembered too, she didn't age a bit. Gon, however, was now Mito-san's height, his dark hair towered over her.

When the pair ended their embrace, Mito looked up to see you, Killua and Alluka watching their exchange.

She looked at Killua and said, "It's nice to see you again, Killua."

Her hazel eyes flickered over to you and widened, "(Y/N)-chan, is that you?"

You nodded your head shyly as she walked over to you and grabbed your hands.

"(Y/N)-chan...I can't believe how much you've grown! You've grown to be such a beautiful girl, right Gon?" She asked as she looked back over her shoulder to her nephew.

You felt your cheeks warm-up in embarrassment as you heard an unapologetic, "Yeah!" from Gon in the distance.

The woman embraced you suddenly before saying, "Gon and I always wondered when you would return. It's nice to see you again, (Y/N)-chan, please stay for as long as you want."

You closed your eyes tightly as you hugged her back. For a moment, just for a moment, it felt like your mother was embracing you.

"Thank you, Mito-san. It's nice to see you again too."

She pulled away from you and looked at Alluka, who was holding Killua's hand.

"Oh? And who is this?"

Killua smirked as he gestured to Alluka, "Mito-san, this is my younger sister, Alluka."

Mito smiled as she kneeled down to Alluka's height, "It's nice to meet you, Alluka-chan. Would you like to come inside and have some cake?"

"Yes please," Alluka squealed before taking Mito-san's hand.

You looked at Killua as he watched his sister walk into the house with Mito. There was nothing but compassion in his eyes as he watched her skip happily into the house. The look in his eyes is so different from his usual passive one...

"I think she's going to have a lot of fun here," You said, smiling at him and breaking his daze.

He focused his eyes on you and smirked, "Yeah, I know."