eight | the bunny and the snake

"Killua," you sigh, your lips tugging into a sweet smile. He's standing there before you, underneath the cherry blossoms encasing the four of you away from the world.

He turns around to face you. His cerulean eyes holding the same mischievous glint that they always did. His lips pull into a charming smirk and he offers a pale hand to you.

Your cheeks turn as pink as the cherry blossoms as you turn to Gon and Alluka seeking reassurance. Alluka's baby blue eyes sparkle as she gives you a big smile and a thumbs up. Gon gives you a beam that puts the sun to shame.

"Go, (y/n)-chan," he says, "Ask him!"

You give them a small nod before nervously turning back around to take Killua's hand. Killua's gaze is steady as he watches you move closer and slightly rock on your feet. He watches you expectantly.

You take a deep breath before looking up to meet his gaze. (E/C) clashing with a blue as deep as the ocean.

You bite your lip nervously, "Killua?"

"Hmm?"

Your eyes dart to the cherry blossoms above, "Can you show me?"

He tilts his head at you and gives you a soft smile. You smile at him in anticipation, but when he opens his mouth to speak, his words sound far away. You can't decipher anything that he's saying. It's like he's underwater.

Your eyebrows furrow together in confusion, "I can't hear you. Why can't I hear you?"

You turn around to look at Gon and Alluka in desperation.

It was at that moment that the sky faded to grey. The petals of the cherry blossoms fell limp against the street. A heavy rain began to patter down on Alluka and Gon's dead bodies.

The life of spring was gone in an instant.

Tears welled in your eyes the moment you saw their bloody, lifeless bodies lying in the street. "Gon! Alluka!" You yelled in desperation as you tried to pull away from Killua's grasp on your hand.

Killua's hold, which was once strong and warm, turned cold and painful. A gasp escaped your lips when he suddenly yanked on your hand.

"Killua, what-" You turned around to see your father's (e/c) eyes glaring down into your own. Your eyes widened in fear as you desperately trashed in his grip. You screamed at him to let you go but he wasn't listening.

The rain drowned out your cries as your father pulled you down the street, your dead friends behind you.

They're dead because of me.

...

You gasped for air as you sat up from your sleeping mat. Beads of nervous sweat gathered on your forehead as you tried to calm yourself down.

You couldn't tell what time it was, but Gon and Alluka were both passed out. You let out a shaky sigh as you ran a hand through your tangled hair. They're safe.

The relief that settled in your chest left as soon as it came and was replaced with dread. They're safe for now. But, how long until that nightmare becomes a reality? Father would do anything to get me back, I know that.

You squeezed your eyes shut in desperation to keep your tears at bay.

Killua let out a disgruntled sigh as he sat up on his sleeping mat beside yours, "Another nightmare?" He grabbed a cup full of water from beside himself and handed it to you.