Part 18

Hardin's POV
I heard a knock at the door so I walk towards it with Brooklyn in my arms. I open the door and see Tessa. She came back. She's back!

"Hardin" she says with a smile.

I'm in shock I cannot believe she's actually back.

"Tessa" I say as I pull her into a hug.

"I missed you so much." I can hear her start crying.

"Theresa what's wrong?"

"I shouldn't have left" she says as she steps inside the house.

"I should have stayed with you. You never hurt me. Never threatened to hurt me. You always made sure I felt love and well respected. You stood up for me for ever and I still left. I left and put myself in a horrible place."

She continues to babble but all I hear is "you never threatened to hurt me"

"Tessa. Did he hit you?" She stops talking and quietly under her breathe says.

"Twice" I want to cry.

I feel terrible I let her leave and she got into an abuse place. I take Joseph from the couch, still holding Brooklyn and put them in their beds. I give them both pacifiers and leave them to take a nap. I rush back into the living room and pull Tessa into a hug.

"I'm so sorry he hurt you Tessa." She whimpers.

"Do u want to tell me what happened" she sighs and leads me to the couch.

We sit on the couch, she takes a deep breath and then starts talking.

                                  Flashback

                                  (Tessa's pov)

I've been living here for six months and everything is amazing. It's great to get a break for New York. I head to the market and notice a very attractive man. I ignore him and continue walking around. I grab a few thing and head to the checkout as the man from early stops me.

"You dropped this" he says with a smile. I realize I dropped a $20 dollar bill on the floor.

"Oh thank you!"

"No problem."

"I'm Aidan" I shake his hand

"Tessa" I reply with a smile.

"So what are you doing here by yourself?"

"I mean your gorgeous so you have to have a boyfriend." I smile and shake my head.

"Nope. I just got out of a marriage that just didn't work out." 

"Oh I'm sorry" he says sympathetic.

"Thanks" I smile as he quickly writes down a number.

"You seem like a really great person Tessa. And I would really love to get to know you. How about I take you to dinner on Friday night say 8pm?"

"That sounds really good" I smile and take the number from him.

"I'll see you Friday" he smiles and walks away.

                                     Friday
Me and Aiden have been talking non-stop since we met. We're going out on a date tonight so I start getting ready. I do my hair and makeup and put on a red dress with thin straps. I hear a knock at my door as I put my heels on. I open the door and see Aidan holding a bunch of roses. He hands them to me and smiles