Chapter 7: Utapau, Order 66 and the Birth of the Empire

Obi-Wan Kenobi was tasked with hunting down General Grievous on Utapau to kill him. Count Dooku was dead by Skywalker's hand. Now, it was only the "head clanker" as the clones called him. The Clone War, which was raging for 3 years was about to come to a sinister end and only Darth Sidious would know how, the clones wouldn't know it until it happened.

Kenobi had already left for Utapau, he'd been gone for sometime now. "Sir, General Kenobi's ship is coming out of hyperspace!" a clone yelled. Cody and Jack made it to the hanger to hear Kenobi's transmission. "Cody, I've made contact with Grievous, prepare the men and come to Utapau, the war is about to be over". They immediately jumped to hyperspace. The CIS presence was massive on this planet. The 212th Airborne Division were the first to leave, Jack boarder his gunship, butterflies in his stomach, could this really be it? Could the war end here and he can start his own life as a veteran of the war he was bread for? Could have the family life that he's been thinking about? He was hopeful. Utapau was just as bad as his first battle but he was a lot more experienced now.

They broke the atmosphere of Utapau after heavy flak from the CIS capital ships. He jumped out of the gunship and saw Kenobi dueling Grievous. "Move it! Move it!" Cody shouted. "Jack, come man the heavy cannon on the AT-TE now! The gunner is dead!" Cody ordered him. "With pleasure, sir!" He loved using heavy artillery.

A few hours that felt like days passed, he heard a metal clink on the ground near Cody, it was Kenobi's lightsaber. Jack got worried about Kenobi, he never loses his lightsaber. Round after round Jack shot, exploding Crab Droids, Spider Walkers, Magnaguards, battle droids left and right. Out of nowhere, Kenobi showed up. "Commander, contact your troops, tell them to move to the higher levels!" Kenobi shouted. "Very good sir. Oh, by the way, I think you'll be needing this". Cody handed Kenobi his lightsaber. "Thank you, Cody. Now let's get a move on, we've got a battle to win here!"

Jack watched Kenobi with his lizard mount, scale the mountain side. He heard the order, it went to every clone. A chilling voice came over his comms, "Execute Order 66". His eyes dilated and fixed on Kenobi. "Blast him!" Cody shouted. Without hesitation, Jack aimed and fired the AT-TE's heavy cannon at Kenobi.

The clones made short work of the remaining droids. Cody allowed the men to rest for one hour after all the droids were destroyed. Jack contemplated what had happened and it made him sick to his stomach. But, good soldiers follow orders, just like Tup said on Ringo Vinda and he was right. Jack saw himself as one of the best soldiers in the 212th.

Utapau was won, the Empire was formed, the Jedi were dead for the most part and now, Jack took orders from the Emperor's new enforcer, the mysterious Darth Vader, a Sith Lord. Unknown to many in the Empire, including Jack, this Darth Vader was someone familiar, Fallen Jedi Anakin Skywalker.

The 212th was ordered back to Coruscant for debriefing and charged with security of the Jedi Temple, which was still burning from the attack lead by Appo and Darth Vader days ago. When jack walked through, he couldn't believe what happened here. Dead Younglings, Padawans, Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters lay everywhere. Jack was tasked with disposing of all the dead bodies and to burn them and keep the lightsabers, Emperor Palpatine and Vice Chair of the Galactic Senate Mas Amedda had plans for them.