Chapter 8: The Empire and Rebellion

It had been one year since the Galactic Republic was reorganized into the Galactic Empire, Jack served somewhat proudly in the Empire. Clones were slowly being phased out and replaced with enlisted citizens. This angered all of the clones, Cody the most. He had ordered the shot that he thought killed Obi-Wan Kenobi and felt that all clones deserved better. "Our time isn't up, it can't be. These citizens can't hit a womp rat in close quarters" Cody said. Most the 212th were placed on planets like Lothal, Coruscant, Kamino, and Naboo, the home world of Emperor Palpatine.

Jack got probably the most boring planet to be stationed on, Kamino. Him and Cody were tasked to train the new enlistees on how to shoot properly, throw thermal detonators. The Kaminoians felt cheated, they helped aid Darth Sidious in his evil plans for the galaxy and they couldn't even get Imperial protection.

Jack's new armor angered him. It wasn't his clone armor from the war, it was new. It was made for the Empire and it was cheap. He felt like a droid stripped of its body. This "stormtrooper" armor was clunky and he couldn't see out of it very well. His aim still never dwindled though. Cody was his commanding officer and he became a lot more strict after the Clone War ender and clones weren't needed anymore.

After a few rotations on Kamino, the Kaminoans finally unleashed their secret plan, an uprising of the final batch of Jango Fett clones. This would be the enlistees chance to put to use what they were taught. "Lama Su, I charged you with treason against the Empire, her Galactic Senate and Emperor Palpatine" Cody said over comms. "By the time these clones are through with you and your...defective "brothers", the Emperor will have no clue what has transpired here" Lama Su said in a condescending tone. She treated these clones like she treated CT-5555 aka Fives all those years ago, like a second class citizen. Cody and Jack weren't having it. They had to call in the enforcer, Darth Vader who was still recovering from his injuries but he was longing for a fight to prove his worth to his Master. "Lord Vader, we need you" Jack said, some panic in his voice. "As you wish" Vader's deep voice replied. His Star Destroyer thundered out of hyperspace. His shuttle descended onto the violently stormy planet. No lightsaber, just the Force. "Commander Cody, where is Lama Su?" Vader demanded. "Inside, my Lord". Vader marched into Tipoca City, fueled with anger and hate. The new batch of clones stormed the platforms of the city. The Second Battle of Kamino was just as difficult as the other but, the older clones have one advantage, they know Kamino better than these traitors. Cody signaled to Jack to flank them with sniper fire.

Jack set himself on the same vantage point where Fives and Echo did during the First Battle of Kamino which granted them the rank of ARC Trooper. He didn't do this for the military honor, he did it to save his home from these traitors. Shot after shot he hit his mark. The battle was quick, these clones didn't have proper training. The enlistees made Cody proud, they were ready. Vader approaches Jack. "CT-4789 or Jack, correct?" He asked. "Y-yes, sir". "There is no need to be frightened, I come to you as a friend and to offer you a place as a Purge Trooper". Vader said. Jack thought about it and accepted. He'd be arriving to Nur by the next rotation.