Epilouge

It's 30 ABY, the New Republic is crumbling as the First Order takes hold over the galaxy. Cut "Rex" Lawquane is a pilot for the Resistance, using his fathers old YT-2400 called The Marksman. He had his own squadron that he was a General of called "Steel Squadron". His father, Jack had died on Saleucami fifteen years ago, three months after his mother, Shylin died after a First Order attack. His siblings also served in the Resistance, two as engineers, and the other two as ground troops. Cut was a decent pilot but nothing compared to Poe Dameron. A defected stormtrooper called "Finn" brought word to the Resistance of how to destroy Starkiller Base, the super weapon that just destroyed the capital of the New Republic, Hosnian Prime in the blink of an eye. He didn't participate in the Battle of Starkiller Base, he was tasked with finding a new base for the Resistance since D'Qar was useless now. He couldn't find anything that could suit the Resistance. Saleucami had a decent First Order presence, Tatooine was too hostile, even without the First Order, Coruscant was blockaded by the First Order.

Hours felt like days, Cut got a transmission from Poe Dameron. "Hey, Cut. We managed to escape D'Qar but we had the First Order on our tails the whole way, the First Order could track us through hyperspace. We fought them on Crait, where an old Rebel base was constructed years ago. Luke Skywalker aided us in our escape by distracting Kylo Ren. There's barely anything left to the Resistance. Meet us on Ajan Kloss". Cut set course for Ajan Kloss. The Marksman would be at the Battle of Exegol and would survive to fly one more day. The only reason the Resistance lived on was because of a scavenger from Jakku named Rey killed the resurrected clone of Darth Sidious. Cut would go back to Saleucami and repair his fathers farm that had been ransacked by pirates and the First Order. He fixed up the farm and retired from the Resistance, much like his father retired from fighting all those years ago. He would marry a woman named Vinya Harding and they would go onto have one child named Rusty Lawquane who was Force sensitive but decided to not train under Rey Skywalker to be a Jedi.