breakdown.

Kaycee was a wreck.

After months of comments on her Instagram posts about who she was and her dancing and who she danced with, she had finally lost it. The spark in her eyes and the passion is her heart had gone.

She knew her family could tell. Kylie's suspicious looks when she didn't talk through the whole of dinner like normal. Her mom and dad, constantly talking to her about how she was feeling and how she needs to ignore everyone and just be her.

Just be you. The sentence mocking her. "Who even am I?" she thought. She certainly wasn't whoever everyone thought she was.

Online, everyone was talking about her body. What she looked like, what she wore. One comment was about how she looked like a twig and needed to eat, the next about how she was looking fat. She didn't know what to do.

There were the comments about Sean. How he wasn't devoted to the partnership like she was or how he's better off dancing with someone else like Audrey. She didn't want to talk to him about it, but they were comments on his account too so she knew he would have seen them. Though they weren't always together, they facetime or texted daily, so she began to make up excuses.

"I'm going out with Kylie."

"Not right now I have to help my mom with something"

"Sorry, Sean we're about to eat."

"I'm going for a shower. Maybe later."

And she left it at that. If he asked why she never called him back, she'd say she feel asleep or her phone died. She made it believable, posted pictures on her story or made sure someone else in her family did. She was trying to put off the argument she knew was coming.

When he finally came over to watch Bailey and Kida on WOD, she sat as far away from him as possible, making Kylie sit in the middle. She yelled and talked while one of them was recording, but stayed quiet for as long as possible. She scurried away as soon as it was over, saying she wanted to shower and never returned.

"What's going on with her?" Sean asked Kylie, confused beyond belief about why Kaycee had been acting this way.

"We're not sure, shes been like this for a few weeks now. I thought she would have spoken to you about it."

"We've not really been talking," Sean replied.

"Oh"

Sean walked over to the stairs and continued up to Kaycee's room, he could hear the shower had stopped so he knocked.

"Yeah" came softly from the other side

"Hey Kayc," Sean said making his way to her bed where she was sitting staring at her phone.

"Oh...Sean, I thought you would've gone home." She replied, briefly looking up, only to snap her head back down and pretend to start reading on her phone again.

Sean caught the quick movement and decided to sit next to her to try and see her face. After waiting for a minute for her to make a move he couldn't wait any longer. He put a hand under her chin and pulled her head up. Their eyes caught for a moment, but he didn't see the sparking, threaded green and brown stars he was used too, instead, he saw was a mix of pain and terror. She began to tremble under his touch as he looked at the rest of her face, the blotchy red skin and tear-stained cheeks made his heart skip a beat.

"Angel, what wrong?" Sean asked not understanding why she looked like this, but he didn't have time to think of why as she collapsed into his arms and began shaking and sobbing.

He manoeuvred them so they were both lying down on her bed, her body lying on top of his as she buried her face into his chest and neck.

Kaycee wasn't a person to cry much, at least not like this. He was used to her crying after a sad movie or when they had found something so funny it made them giggle uncontrollably. But he had never seen her break down how she was now.