bold.

Okay so this is really short and kinda bad but this personality on them is something I wanna see more of.

- - -

As his family had retreated to their bedrooms after a long day of walking on the snowy shores of Iceland, Sean sat in the living room of their rental house with Kaycee while repeats of episodes of Friends played on the TV. Sean shuffled closer to Kaycee, wrapping his arm around her as she smiled up at him gingerly before laying her head on his shoulder and allowing her body to sink into his.

Over the past few weeks, the invisible barrier that sat between them bring friends and something more had broken. They weren't sure what had lead to it, maybe the loving birthday present he created for her or the moment they had shared on Halloween after he got back from teaching in China or even the late nights spent talking about their getaway to the cold island, but they had changed.

Kaycee for one was loving it. Though she was always one for keeping their relationship platonic the slight changes in the way he was with her made her feel like the luckiest girl on the planet. Every time he pulled her closer to him or planted soft kissed into her hair, she thought her heart might explode on the spot. As for Sean, the change in Kaycee was more subtle. She didn't pull away from their hugs as fast any more or sit as far away from his as possible when they were with family and friends but for Sean, though it was barely noticeable, it was enough for him to know that he wasn't pushing her.

"Kaycee?" Sean said pulling slightly away from their embrace.

"hmm?"

"You're okay, right? With all this I mean," he asked, his fears taking over.

"Come on Sean, you know me well enough to answer that one," she answered, turning her head to look at him as she placed her hand on his chest.

"I know but we aren't together or anything and I don't want you to think we have to do anything your not comfortable with, or if you want to wait and see what happens that fine too, or we can just stop. I don't mind really if you don't want this I can understand. I-" he rambled getting progressively more nervous about their conversation

"-SEAN, I do want this, and if your worried because were not official then let's be official"

Sean thought he was hearing things as Kaycee said that. She must have been joking, that not like her at all.

"I'm sorry, did you just ask me out?" Sean asked her now fully facing her.

"I guess I did." Kaycee nonchalantly turned back to into their previous position and began watching the episode of friends. Sean, however, sat completely frozen in his seat. Kaycee Rice had just asked him out, he was going out with the girl who had been his best friends and long time crush since they were 14. So she was his girlfriend, now?

By the end of the episode, Sean has finally realised what all this meant. He sat with a huge grin plastered on his face as he stared at the girl who was wrapped in his arms. She suggested they go to bed as it was getting late and they had to get up in the morning. Though all he wanted was to sit on the couch cuddled up with her until the sun rose, he agreed, so they went to their room and got ready to go to sleep. Sean was already in his bunk as she came back after going to the bathroom, and was waiting for her to climb up to her bunk before saying goodnight. Kaycee, however, was feeling brave, so she instead of climbing up to her bunk, she simply pulled up the corner of his comforter and slipped in beside him.

"Hi," she said, their noses almost touching.

"Hi" he answered, though it was barely audible from the shock he was trying to hide.

"I'll go up in a minute," she said snuggling closer to his side in an attempt to steal some of his warmth.

"You don't have to," he said, suddenly feeling brave himself.

"I think I do, imagine if your parents found us like this."

" What are they going to do, I'm 18, I'm a big boy now," he said pouting his lips like a toddler.

"Whatever you say, headass." she said sticking her tongue out at him

Kaycee had closed her eyes and waited for a few minutes before deciding to get up and go to her bed. She pulled away from him as slowly as she could, then turned to him and kissed his cheek before quickly taking the few steps up so she could go to sleep.